Gone. Again.

Maya seemed hurt as she looked at the ground.

I quickly walked across the street, and halfway across the yard before she spoke.

"I'm sorry,"  she began to walk back to her car, "I shouldn't have come here, it was clearly a mistake."

"Maya, wait,"  I ran up to her, standing in front of her.  I looked across the street at Krys, he just stood there, shocked.  "What are you -- How are you?"  I asked, happy to see her.

"Kadyn..."  She shook her head, "I'm sorry,"  She looked back at Krys, then to me,  "It was entirely too soon to try and do this."  She started to pass me.

"Wait,"  I gently grabbed her arm,  "At least come inside for a minute."

"Kadyn, --"

I turned to Krys,  "Krys,  go home."  I looked into Maya's eyes.  "Please."

"How have you been?"  I asked, sitting on the couch next to her.

"I'm alright,"  she wouldn't look at me.

"Where did you go, Maya?"  

"I went to stay with my dad for a few months,"  she looked up at me,  "I needed to get away for a while."  She sniffled, looking away again.

It was silent for a moment.

"I miss you."

"No you don't,"  she snapped.  "You don't miss me, you're happy that I'm gone so you don't have to feel like shit for being with him --"

"No!  You couldn't be further from the truth.  I tried to get over him, Maya.  I tried, for you, but I couldn't.  It kills me to be with him, but it hurts even worse to be with out him.  He makes me happy, shouldn't that be all that matters to you?"

"He made me happy!"

"No, you told me that he only ever talked about me with you, he never asked you questions and he never told you anything about himself.  You told me you were miserable with him, so don't you even try and play that card with me, Maya Bell."  I stood up, glaring at her.  "Don't make me feel worse than I already do."

"Kadyn, you brought this on yourself!" 

"How? How did I bring this on myself, Maya?  Please, enlighten me."

She, too, jumped up.  "By sneaking around behind my back with my boyfriend, you bitch!"

I took a deep breath, grinding my teeth.  I closed my eyes, "Did you just come here to yell at me and call me names?"

"No.  I came to apologize,"  she paused, rubbing her face.  "But that sure as hell isn't happening now,"  she walked to the door, opening it,  "I hope you're satisfied, Kadyn."

And just like that; she was gone.  Again.

I sat back down, sinking into the couch.  I started to cry.  Then the crying turned to soft sobs, then I was crying hysterically.    The next thing I knew, Krys was next to me, pulling me into his arms.  "It's okay."  He soothed.