Chapter Twenty Three- Innocence

Eboni smiled up at the young boy jumping from one foot to the other, his hands twisting together, a nervous twitch or to release pent up energy she couldn't tell.

"Raus, why don't you sit down and join us?" She said, the others murmuring in agreement smiling and waving hello.

Iya flushed a darker shade of red than Eboni thought was humanly possible, and chuckled to herself as their new companion did the same when he looked at her.

"Welcome, water." Atu said, nodding a greeting, looking over the boy with a stern eye, a disapproving glint in his eye, though why, Eboni couldn't tell.

"So... this is really awesome." Raus said, his leg jumping up and down even as he was sitting down, crossed legged on the floor.

"This is it, we are all together now, finally we have a chance at defeating The Darkness" Iasa replied, looking around the group a broad smile growing on her lips.

"The Darkness?" Raus replied, his back becoming poker straight, eyebrows creasing in confusion.

"It is a tale we do not tell the children in the villages." Jolon answered, asking their silent question.

"Do not worry many of us were not told the tale either." Bren reassured Raus, nudging him with a smile.

"What is The Darkness? No one has actually explained what it is." Kimi piped up, leaning forward.

"It is something we all should fear. If it overcomes the light, the world as we know it will end." Jolon spoke, his voice low and foreboding.

"Well that explains everything dad, thanks." Kimi replied, rolling her eyes.

"The Darkness was born when our creator Elementi created the light. It has hidden in the shadows, creeping into the mind of people who let it in. The people of Tozaro were blinded by the pure beauty of their land, or so our legend goes. Darkness seeped into their souls, and now they do its bidding." Atu explained, his expression solemn.

"How do we come into it? Our powers?" Raus asked, transfixed on Atu.

"I think the prophecy explains that best." Eboni offered, Atu nodding in agreement.

Raus's eyes widened in "There is a prophecy? About us?"

"Dawn begins as Fire rises,

Joining with the spirit of light. This is when Darkness will come. That which holds the bond between brothers shall fall, Bringing all Elements together. Spirit, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Darkness, one will fall."

The group sat in silent contemplation.

"I am Spirit." Eboni said, breaking the silence, wanting to introduce herself properly to their new ally's.

"I am Earth." Kas offered, giving her a small smile, her heart fluttering at the sight of it. She brushed the feeling off and looked over to Iasa, who rolled her eyes.

"I am Fire." Eboni couldn't help but chuckle as the Princess announced herself.

"And I am Wind." Atu said.

"Then that leaves me, Water." Raus grinned again, his hands almost clapping with excitement.

"Don't forget the Darkness, we shall make sure that it is the one to fall, as the prophecy says." Jolon growled, stopping Raus and quelling his enthusiasm.

"Well, not exactly." Iasa piped up, before she got a chance to correct him.

"Not exactly? What is that supposed to mean?" He scoffed.