Chapter Six- Orders

"Daddy!" Princess Iasa sobbed, snapping out of her daze. "You said I was the only special one, you said only I had power! Why does this bitch have one too? I mean she's hardly worthy of it, look at her- she's a peasant. Just look at her awful clothes and awful hair. Daddy! -" she sulked before dry sobbing again.

"Enough!" The High Priest shouted, stopping a now glaring Princess from continuing her hateful speech.

"What is the meaning of this?" bellowed the King, standing and moving to his daughter.

Holding her head high Ebony met the narrow gaze of the King who was slowly starting to turn beetroot red. Following the High Priestess, Bren stood and walked to her side, Eboni sent him a reassuring smile, thankful for his support especially in front of the King.

"You will lower your voice King Gregor." High Priestess Elena hissed "Follow me" she turned on her heal and lead the King and the Princess out of the temple. High Priest Jon followed motioning for Eboni and Bren to join them. Two soldiers also stood and followed their King.

Together the group made their way to the Library. Closing the door, Eboni sat at the table next to Bren who in turn was sat next to the High Priestess. King Gregor paced the floor next to the small fire wringing his hands, while the two soldiers stood protectively and rigid at the door

The Princess was stood in the middle of the floor, silently glaring at Eboni.

"How dare you make a mockery of my daughter?" The King sneered rounding on Eboni, his face contorted in anger.

"Sit down Gregor- You too Iasa" The High Priestess sighed tapping the table to get their attention.

"It's Princess Iasa you." The Princess snarled

Everyone stared open mouthed at the Princess, she had just insulted the High Priestess openly and yet the Priestess still looked calm and collected.

"No Iasa, on this land everyone is equal. There are no titles or amount of money that makes someone more important, only myself and High Priest Jon have titles. Our titles were given to us by our God, so sit down and show some respect." High Priestess Elena ordered.

After a moment of deliberation the Princess slowly sat in the chair opposite Elena.

"Iasa, embodiment of Fire. Meet Eboni, embodiment of Spirit. You are two elements of five."

"Five!" Princess Iasa groaned

Seriously? There are only five of us and she's still annoyed that she isn't special enough? Eboni tried very hard not to roll her eyes.

"King Gregor, join us please. There is much that needs to be discussed." High Priest Jon said, as Eboni and Bren both sat at the table.

He nodded sullenly, sitting at the head of the table looking between his daughter and High Priest Jon.

"I will get right to the point, Gregor. You have heard of the Prophecy our creator wrote before he left this world?" High Priestess Elena said.

Eboni watched as King Gregor visibly paled. His righteousness posture deflating as he slumped back into the chair.

"I have." He replied.

"Then you will know why we are here, and what your daughter and Sister Eboni meeting means." High Priestess Elena reached into her robes and pulled out the old scroll, placing it on the table in front of the king.

"I had my suspicions when she first began to show her element, but I never thought this day would actually come. I thought the prophecy was just an old story." He replied, his eyes scanning the scroll sadly.