Chapter Five- Destiny

The day had flown by. Even with Bren's help, reading all the scrolls and processing all the new information, she had never had as much inside her head before and it was starting to hurt again.

"Stop fidgeting!" Sister Ariana hissed knocking Eboni's hand from her temple.

"Sorry Sister" Eboni mumbled- all the Brothers and Sisters were currently stood lined up outside the Temple waiting for the arrival of the King of Rolezal.

She and Bren had spent all yesterday trying to figure out what the rest of the prophecy meant but to no avail. The High Priestess had told them that it was impossible to predict what would happen, but it didn't stop them from speculating. All they could do now though was wait for the Princess to arrive and see what happened.

They had watched all afternoon from the mountain side as the King's boats had docked and his entourage disembarked. 150 soldiers dressed in yellow tunics now marched up to the temple, following the most elaborately dressed people Eboni had ever laid eyes on.

Rolezal merchants were most well known for their dyes and clothing- their guests were not disappointing anyone on that front. Bright orange, purple, green and blue clothing were making their way up the mountain slowly, mainly due to the oversized shawls that the women were wearing, trailing on the ground tripping up everyone behind them.

The bright colours did nothing to help her headache.

When the group of 20 dignitaries leading the army neared the temple the High Priestess and Priest walked slowly down the steps to meet them.

Eboni strained her eyes to see the King, although he was one of the more brightly dressed people she was stood to far away to make out any of his features.

Being the youngest Sister in the temple she was positioned farthest away from the High Priest and Priestess. Bren was stood at the other end of the line as the youngest of the Brothers.

The Priest and Priestess began to walk through the temple ground towards the open hall, followed by the King and his people. Only the first two lines of soldiers followed them in, the rest stood rigid facing outwards.

I wonder which one the Princess is- thought Eboni as the Brothers and Sisters all filed through after the soldiers.

They walked slowly into the large open room, the usual white and green fabric that hung from the walls had been replaced with white and gold for their esteemed guests.

Chairs had been placed around the room to create a circle. As Eboni walked around to her assigned chair- a row behind the High Priestesses- she finally got a good look at the King.

King Gregor was a small portly man emphasized even more by the large oversized golden crown on top of his balding head. His trousers where bright purple and his tunic green, with intricate beading of silver and gold. He was looking at the young girl too his side with a smug smile on his face.

She had long pale blonde hair and wore a light blue gown, which would have been simple and elegant were it not for the bright orange shawl and pink shoes. Her tiara however, was the most extravagant piece of jewellery Eboni had ever laid her eyes on. The silver was twisted and weaved intricately around diamonds of all shapes, sizes and colours. It looked like it weighed a ton and yet managed to balance daintily on her head. The girl's eyes flickered around the room watching the Brothers and Sisters, who were now all sat ready for the formal greeting the begin.

The Princess's gaze landed on Eboni who smiled kindly- they were going to have to get along whether they liked each other or not Bren had pointed out yesterday when they were talking about what the Princess was going to be like. But after the she looked her up and down sneering, Eboni knew that wasn't going to be likely.