~ One: Coffee Shop ~

I sighed as I walked around the cafe, wiping the table tops to make sure that the tables were clean for the next customer. It was a quite day, though it was cold outside meaning that customers ordered warm drinks to warm themselves up. I loved this type of weather. 

I always wondered what colour the take away cups are in which I pour coffee in, or the colour of my customers clothes. Everyone describes it as the best feeling in the world, and none of them forget the day that their world appeared in colour. We all dreamed of it, nobody wanted to see the world in black and white for all of their lives. I mean yes, there are lighter and darker shades to be able to identify the difference between objects, but that's nothing to being able to see the world in colour. 

I guess I find myself as a romantic, forever coming up with scenarios in my head which help me picture an image of what my soulmate may look like. No one knows if their soul mate is a girl or a boy, we are all assigned someone in the world though, nobody dies alone. Does everyone meet their soulmate before they die? No, and that scares me the most. Though maybe, if you never see the world in colour, you don't really know what you're missing? 

"Hello my dear," an older lady approaches the counter, her small hand slightly shaky. "May I get a hot chocolate," she smiles as I nod and make my way to the coffee maker, putting a take away cup underneath it and press the 'hot chocolate' button. My boss told me they're all different colours, but all I see is different shades of grey. 

"That will be ___" I told the lady as I put the finished hot chocolate on the counter, while she handed me the money. 

"Have you found your soulmate yet?" She asks sweetly, and I shake my head, giving her the change. 

"I still remember mine, it is really unforgettable. Make sure that when you find him, you keep him close. You may be completely different people, but that does not mean that you cannot make it work!" She continues. "When Chul passed away I was scared that the world was going to turn dark again, but the colour remains. It only fades slightly," as I listen to her talk, I realize that she must miss him. I thank her as she takes her cup and exits the cafe, leaving me to wonder about my true love. 

"Y/N!" My best friend y/b/f/ (your best friend) comes through the cafe doors, an envelope in her hand, her smile going from one ear to the other. 

"I have not seen anyone this happy today," I tell her, making her stop just by the counter. 

"Jinjja?" She questions, I then think about the old lady and how satisfied she seemed to be with her life. 

"Hmm, maybe you're the second," I joke, earning a small slap on my arm, making us both laugh a little. "So what's the rush? I mean we planned to go to see the movies later, don't tell me you've cancelled!" I whine, knowing that Park Jinyoung was playing one of the main leads. 

"No! We need to see that film!" She tells me quickly, making my worries go away, I've been dying to see this film. Already made a mental note to myself that if I will ever see the world in colour, I have to watch all the movies he stars in again. 

"So?" I look behind her to see a customer and send her an apologetic look, taking care of the customer first before paying attention to her again. 

"Well you know how you're my best friend since we were little..?" She starts. I instantly knew that she wanted something, and when she started a sentence like this, it was usually because it was something she knew I wasn't keen on doing.

"I already told you, I am not going on a date with someone who is not my soul mate!" I roll my eyes, thinking she has found me another one of her projects. You could date anyone in the world, but the chances of you being able to see the world in colour decreased every time you dated someone who is not your soul mate.