Chapter One|| A little freedom never hurt nobody

Katherine Above played by Julianne Hough, Picture will be at end also.

{Katherine's POV}

"Nowadays, people are so engrossed with the thought of how others see them. You're not pretty enough, you're not good enough, or not handsome enough. You know what? Screw other people! Someone is always going to be better than you, but they'll never be you! Live your life, guys. You're craving a burger, but you don't want to seem unhealthy, so you don't eat. Wrong! Let me tell you guys something: I. grub. I will be sitting in public stuffing my face with a burger and fries and couldn't care less.

I look at myself with respect because that is who I care about; myself. As long as I respect myself and I'm happy, I don't care. I do what I want. I don't care what others think about me or how they're going to view me. I know someone is always going to be better than me. So, why try to put all the extra effort in when I know it won't help me in the long run? I promise, if you guys stay true to yourself and do what you please and what makes you happy, then so be it." I finalized and took a deep breath.

"Well, that's enough of my rant for the day. Let's get our last caller of the day on the line." I said and looked up seeing Eddie, my guy that stays in the studio to make sure everything is running smoothly, nodding at me.

"This is Katherine Heights with true talk radio, what's up last caller and who am I speaking to?" I asked with a grin.

"Katherine, my name is Alice and I have a problem." A woman spoke and I sat back in my chair relaxing.

"Well, Alice, tell me about your problem."

"My boyfriend pretty much told me that I need to stop eating so much or I would lose my figure, but I don't see any harm. I feel I look fine, but he doesn't seem to think so. I don't want to lose him, so what do I do?" Anger bubbled up within me and I had to mash my inner woman down a couple of notches.

"Alice, if he truly was a dedicated boyfriend, he wouldn't have dared to say that to you. A boyfriend is someone who is supposed to love you for you. Not your body, not your looks, not your status, just you, and everything else is just a bonus. I say you stick two middle fingers up, go grab a burger and a beer, and binge-watch a series on Netflix, but that's just me." I said and heard her chuckle across the line.

"Thanks, Katherine. I really needed that." She said and I could practically hear her smile.

"Hey, that's what I'm here for. In all seriousness, sit him down and be straight with him. If he truly loves you, he'll stay no matter the situation."

"Thank you so much."

"Bye, Alice," I spoke and ended the line and leaned in closer to the mic.

"That is it for today, folks. I hope I left some impacts on your mind today with our conversations. This is Katherine from True Talk Radio, signing off, see you next week. Stay bright bitches." I looked up watching the red 'on air' dot flash off and I pulled off my headphones and turned of the mic in my studio and walked shutting the light off behind me.

"I don't know how you do it," Eddie said as I walked into his studio and I chuckled leaning against the door frame.

"It's easy. People should already know this stuff." I replied with a shrug.

He checked his watch and sighed standing after turning the equipment off.

"Well, it's getting late. I'm going to head out. See you next week, Kat." He said and I followed him out of his studio and watched him retreat down the hall.

I looked at the time and gasped noticing it was already ten past eight and I had dinner with Eric at eight!

"Oh no, oh no," I yelled running to my office and grabbed my keys off my desk and grabbed my purse running out to the front.