Chapter Sixteen|| Mom's Guidance

{Katherine's POV}

"I do not like this Stacy girl!" My father huffed crossing his arms as he sat back on the couch.

"Me either, she is a real snake in the grass." My mom pitched in and I let out a small laugh.

I told them everything that happened between Adrian and I, start to finish.

"Tell me about it." I mumbled and sipped my coffee.

"Im happy you found your mate, but it makes me so mad that he treated you like that." My mom said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I was honestly surprised myself. I can't believe he believed her over me! I'm his mate for crying out loud."

My father furrowed his brows.

"You said this girl, Ivy, he watches...that's his best friend's daughter, correct?" I nodded, waiting for him to go on. "Well, that is all he has left of his best friend, Katherine. She obviously has became his world. I'm not saying that excuses the way he acted towards you, but from the point of view I see it at...he was mad because he felt threatened that he was going to lose that little girl. And if this Stacy character is the way you describe her...I feel she isn't scared to try and take that little girl away from him. Goddess forbid, but if your mother died...and all I had left of her was you and someone tried to take that away from me...i'd go insane." He explained and I sighed knowing he was right.

"I know...and I get that. Hell, I told him that! I understand Stacy needs to be there in order for him to keep Ivy, but it's also not my fault she is taking her jealousy of me out on him. It's not like I wanted her to take Ivy. Believe it or not, that little girl had me wrapped around her finger in a day! I don't want her gone. I just don't know what to do. If I go back, she will get mad and try to take Ivy...if I stay away I'll go insane and my wolf will yearn for his. There doesn't feel like there's a way around it." I felt like crying.

I just wanted to be happy! That's all I asked for.

"I'll tell you what's going to happen," I mother started scooting to the edge of her seat. "You're going to go back to Adrian. Im sure he is looking everywhere for you right now with his tail tucked between his legs. He's going to apologize and probably explain why he was upset and you're going to forgive him. Then you're going to tell him you didn't appreciate the way he handled it. He doesn't get off that easy, he made you cry and that means he took it too far. He didn't even let you explain. Sure, there was a miscommunication but that doesn't excuse anything. Then, you're going to help him try to find a way out of this. If Stacy truly tries to take Ivy away from him it will take a long process through court, which means you have time to find a loop hole and I'm going to help. I didn't become a lawyer for no reason. She can't take Ivy without evidence that Adrian is some neglectful father figure, so that means she might make lies up.

That's where you and I come in. You'll explain how she treated you, we'll get any amount of dirt on her we can, and we'll show the court that she is doing all this in spite. She doesn't care about the effects this will bring on this little girl. First she's ripped away from her father, then thrusted into the arms of Adrian, and now Stacy wants to take her? No, that does not need to happen. She is too young and won't understand and honestly that can cause mental and emotional problems later on in her life. Plus, it's in her father's will that she goes to Adrian...he could have said she goes to his sister but he didn't and there is probably a reason why he didn't. Therefore you've won your case. Do I need to go on?" My mother finished and my father and I sat with our jaws dropped.

"I don't know how you do it." My father said shaking his head amused.

"Been doing it for years, sweetie. It's experience." She shot back.