Chapter Five|| What to do

{Katherine's POV}

Was this real? By the way my wolf was howling with pleasure I would say it was...

"I-" I couldn't speak.

I didn't even know what to say. Luckily Ivy took that moment to wake up and the minute she turned and look at Adrian her eyes widened and she squealed shimmying from my lap and ran to him throwing her arms around his legs bringing him from my gaze.

"Hey, pumpkin." He smiled leaning down and scooping her up in his arms.

"How does hanging at the park for a bit sound?" He asked and she clapped her hands nodding making us all smile.

I hesitantly stood wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans and his gaze met mine again.

"Stephanie, thank you for watching Ivy. You're a life savor as usual." He spoke to her but yet again didn't drop his stare from me.

"No problem." She spoke softly as if she was intruding on the moment.

"Adri, can Kathween and Steph come with us to the park?" Ivy asked and my heart sped up and I'm sure everyone in the room can hear it.

"I guess that is up to them, sweetie." He mumbled softly and she turned towards us.

"I uh, would love to, Ivy, but I have to go meet some friends for dinner. Im sorry, maybe next time." Liar, I was her only friend.

"Kathween?" Ivy asked pouting her bottom lip and I smiled.

"Sure." How could I say no to that?

"Yay!" She clapped her hands together and I let out a nervous laugh glancing at Stephanie who was beaming at me.

'This is your chance! Go get to know him!' She mind linked and I nodded turning and walked up to them.

"I assume you're driving?" I asked raising a brow in a joking manor.

Joking was the only way I got through life. It was a bad habit.

He smirked nodding and I hugged Stephanie goodbye and told her I would see her tonight.

When we walked outside I wanted to huff. Of course he would have a perfect car too. I wish I drove an Audi. He put Ivy in the back in her carseat and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I mumbled managing a smile and got in.

I had to mentally prepare myself for this. I was nervous and jittery and that is never me!

When he got in and drove off I just realized I willingly got into a car with a man I know nothing about. He could kill me and dump me in the river.

He's your mate, Idiot, my subconscious spoke.

"So, it's Katherine, right?" Alpha Adrian asked and I nodded.

"In the flesh." I added and then wanted to mentally smack myself for being so awkward.

"It's nice to finally meet the woman my daughter goes on and on about." He said glancing at me with a grin. Then it hit me, he called her his daughter. How freaking precious. Did he mean to? Was it just a habit?

"All good things I hope, Alpha." I said and his brows furrowed.

"Don't call me that." He said more seriously.

"Sorry." I mumbled and he shook his head.

"No, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude. It just displeases my wolf to hear his mate call him by his title. You're my mate after all, call me Adrian." He said and I wanted to fire 'do you even want me as your mate' since he was just speaking of his wolf, but I refrained since Ivy was sitting in the back.