Chapter Thirty-Four|| Preparing

{Katherin's POV}

I woke up the next morning with kisses being trailed over my neck. I bit my lip to hold in my grin. "Morning." I rasped.

"Morning, baby." I could feel him grin against my skin as he continued his path of torture.

He maneuvered himself to where he was over top me and propped up on his forearms as he gave me a cheesy grin, staring down at me. "I think you get more beautiful each morning you wake up," he stated and I fake gagged.

"So cheesy," I stated, giving him a playful shove.

He let out a husky chuckle, swooping down and capturing my lips in a quick, swift kiss. "Ya know, we're gonna have to remark each other," he stated as he pulled back.

I sighed. "I know..."

"We could...do it now," he suggested, raising a brow with a cocky smirk.

"You just are an eager one this morning."

"I want things back to normal as quick as possible," he stated with a more serious tone and my brows furrowed.

"Why?"

"Tonight's heat." my eyes nearly left my head.

"How could I forget?"

"And now that you're not wearing my mark and we rejected one another then reaccepted, it will be torturous for you and I don't want that."

"Goddess, no wonder you're all touchy." I mused and he rolled his eyes, rolling off to beside me.

"Maybe I just can't keep my hands off my mate." he declared.

"Obviously, I'm irresistible." I winked, standing up before he could snatch me back into his grasp.

"What are the plans for tonight?" I asked and he sighed, relaxing his arms behind his head.

"Ice bath, markings, and then...whatever you want I guess," he said looking back at me and I smirked.

"Anything I want? Like anything?"

"Miss Katherine, are you trying to tease me?"

"Maybe." he was up from the bed in seconds and I screeched running into the bathroom slamming the door behind me, locking it before he could get me. My laughter bounced off the walls as he pounded on the door from the other side.

"You cheated," he called out.

"Nope, I strategized." I shot back, turning on the shower with a coy smile.

"I could break this door down." he challenged from the other side.

"But you won't," I called out and heard him chuckle.

As I pulled off my top, the door burst open, pieces of the wooden doorframe flying everywhere as I screeched.

Adrian stood in the doorway with a cocky grin on his face as I fought to cover myself up. "You idiot!" I screeched, grabbing a brush off the counter and chucking it at him even though he'd easily dodge it.

He simply shrugged before spinning on his heels and walking away, leaving me puzzled.

"You literally just broke the door to prove you would do it?!"

"Yep!" he called out from the bedroom and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"That's gonna be a lot of money to fix, Adrian."

"It's just money." was his casual reply.

"You're insane."

I only heard him chuckle in response. The door was off the hinges, but I tried my best to somewhat get it closed so I could shower.

After a quick shower, I changed into some clothes and walked downstairs to find Adrian cooking breakfast with Ivy. I smiled, leaning against the doorframe watching the two cook from behind. Adrian has pulled up a stool for her to stand on beside him. She giggled as his large hand covered hers, helping to whisk some eggs.

I walked up to him, my arms wrapping around his waist from behind as I laid my cheek against his back, closing my eyes. Goddess, how was I so lucky?

"Kathween!" Ivy squealed and I removed my arms from him and scooped her up into my arms, peppering kisses all over her face as she squealed with laughter.

"Morning, sweet pea." I grinned, placing her back on her feet as she steadied herself back on the stool.

"Omelets for breakfast," Adrian spoke, shoot me a grin.

"Yum. Anything I can help with?"

"You can set the table if you'd like."

I grabbed some plates and napkins and did as asked. Breakfast was as good as always. The three of us joked and laughed throughout the whole breakfast. Soon enough Clark came to pick up Ivy and take her to stay with his daughter for the night. Ivy didn't quite understand why every full moon she had to stay with them, but it wouldn't be for much longer. She'd understand when she's older.

"Come on, let's go for a run," Adrian said, pulling his shirt over his head as he headed towards the back doors of the house.

"A run?"

"Yes. I read it's good for she-wolves on the days of heat. Lets your wolf burn off some steam. We'll shift. Since we're not marked, we won't be able to communicate, so just follow me and I'll try my best to get your attention if I need it."

I would usually complain about a run, but speaking he actually took the time to learn more about my heat so I wouldn't have so much pain made my heart swell. I loved this man too much for my own good.

Once we were outside, we both turned from one another before stripping and giving all control to our wolves. The sounds of ripping and cracking were echoed throughout the forest before soft growls emerged from the two of us. I turned looking his wolf over. It was a beautiful color. It was almost like the silverness in his coat of fur held a hint of blue. I felt boring compared next to him with a simple tan coat.

His large wolf towered mine as he walked up, rubbing his head against mine as a growl of appreciation emerged from me. In seconds he jumped back, wagging his tail before taking off and my wolf let out a bark before charging after him. She loved to run and as we did, she felt so free. It had been too long since she was let out.

We weaved in out of trees, challenging one another with speed. His wolf would purposely let mine get ahead so he could nip at her hind legs, making her push herself to run faster with a giddy feeling.

And that's what we did for hours: just ran. We occasionally stopped to get a drink from a pond or small stream before taking off again. There were a few times the two wolves would fight playfully, his wolf knocking mine down to the ground, pinning us but not where he'd hurt us.

Now, we laid snuggled close up to one another just watching the birds fly by. It was beautiful out today. Not too hot, not too cold, but just perfect. There was a breeze in the air, carrying a smell of the nearby wildflower's scent.

When I felt Adrian start to stand, I moved to let him get up. His wolf shook out his fur and mine turned her head as if asking 'why are we leaving?'. He just moved his head in the direction of the house signaling it was our time to leave.

After a few minutes, we arrived back home. Adrian was quick to shift. "You need to get inside and upstairs, your scent is already changing. I'll be up there in a minute to get a cold bath going."

Here we go again.

_____________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE