Chapter Eight|| Stacy

{Katherine's POV}

I looked around my now unpacked room with relief and excitement. This was a new beginning for me and hopefully it was one that would end well. I heard a knock on the door and Adrian peeped his head through the crack.

"Everything going well? You sure you don't need any help? You barely let me help yesterday." I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Everything is done actually. I just needed to unpack my things from Steph's place. It wasn't that much." I answered.

"Great. I have a couple things I need to take care of in my office, but feel free to roam around," He looked at his watch. "How does dinner tonight sound?" He asked and I shook my head with a small grin.

"Great. Get ready for my cooking skills to blow you away." He winked and I laughed shaking my head as he turned and walked out.

I heard my phone beep and I walked over picking it up. 'Can I come over and see the place? I'll bring Ivy there.' Stephanie asked and I bit my lip thinking about it. Adrian wouldn't care right? I should ask.

I was quick to hurry out of my room and saw Adrian at the end of a hall about to walk into a room.

"Adrian!" I called out and he halted and turned towards me with a confused expression.

"Uh...can Stephanie come over for a few? Is that okay? She also said she'll bring Ivy with her...Obviously" I wanted to scorn myself. I felt like I was asking my father for permission.

"Of course, Kate, you don't have to ask." He said with a small laugh and continued into the room shutting the door behind him.

'Yeah sounds good.' I typed back and hit send ask I walked back into my room placing my phone on my bed.

I laid back on my bed and a laugh escaped me. It was like laying on heaven. I've never been in a bed that felt so nice before. I took a deep breath relaxing before my phone started ringing. I groaned leaning over to pick it up. It was Eddie.

"Hello?"

"Are you coming into work tomorrow?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah? Why wouldn't I?" I asked confused.

"Uh...no reason." He said and my brows furrowed.

"Oh...okay?"

"Yeah, well, it'll be a busy day. The lines are blowing up from the broadcast a few days ago. Everyone is wanting to speak with you." He replied and I grabbed a pillow sticking it over my face groaning into it and I heard Eddie chuckle on the other line.

"I'll be there," I sighed. "Just know I'm not taking forty phone calls." I added.

"Noted. I've got to go, Brianna just came in for her segment. Bye, Kate."

"Bye Eds."

I ended the call tossing my phone back on the table and got up out of bed. I guess I could look around. I didn't really get to yesterday.

***

Who knew Adrian would have a movie theater? Judging by the children's movies lined up on a shelf I would say he got it for Ivy. How sweet. I looked around the room seeing a bar with a popcorn machine, drink fountain, and little popcorn bowls stacked upon one another by the machine. I walked over glancing around and saw glass jars of candy. Yep, Ivy is spoiled.

I walked out flipping the light switch off and by the time I walked out of the basement and upstairs the doorbell rang. I walked to the front of the house and a maid already beat me to it opening the door.