Chapter Thirty-Six|| The day after

{Katherine's POV}

The next morning I woke up with arms wrapped around me tightly. A smile instantly crossed my face as I slowly turned, trying not the wake the beautiful, sleeping man next to me.

Adrian laid there peacefully as I took his appearance him. His hair was a mess and he looked worn out. That makes two of us.

Without realizing, my hand trailed down his cheek and his eyes fluttered open seconds later. A grin crosses his face as he grabbed my wondering hand and brought it to his lips placing a kiss upon it.

"Good morning, beautiful." his husky voice drifted through my ears, warming me.

"Morning, handsome."

He let out a groan before turning and laying on his back to look at the clock next to him. "We slept in late," he stated.

"Could you blame us?" I joked and his head turned giving me a mischievous look.

"Not at all." I squealed as he charged at me in a flash, knocking me onto my back as he hovered over me.

"I say we stay in bed a little longer." he tempted and I rolled my eyes giving him a playful shove.

"Are you not satisfied for the time being?" I teased and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me? I don't think I ever want to let you leave bed now."

"Adrian!"

"I'm just being honest!" he grinned and leaned down placing a kiss on my lips.

He went to trail downwards but I grabbed the sides of his cheeks pulling him back up. "I think we need breakfast."

"I think you already know I could eat." I playfully smacked him causing him to belch out a laugh as he rolled to the side of me.

I stood, yanking the sheet off the bed and wrapping it around me. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

"Can I join?" he asked as I walked towards the bathroom and I turned to look at him and his classic smirk.

"No funny business," I warned and he let out a husky chuckle, standing up making his way to me.

"No funny business." he agreed but I knew that was a straight lie.

***

After a long, long shower later we finally went downstairs and cooked breakfast together. Apparently, I sucked at making omelets so he manned those while I fried the bacon.

Ivy wouldn't be back until lunch so we had plenty of time to ourselves. As we laughed and goofed around, I couldn't think about being happier. He was so amazing. Last night was...mind-blowing. I could still feel his hands roaming my body and his hungry kisses. I loved it all.

I haven't been this happy in a long time. I've always run from this: commitment. I didn't think I'd ever be able to settle down because I always feared the future. With Adrian, everything just felt so right. I guess that's how it is with your soulmate.

Everything about me was different now. I was marked, mated, and completely in love. I could see me starting a family with him and have little children running around and just being completely content with my life.

For once in my life, I didn't want to run. It was a weird feeling and it was silly to think I ever used to be so scared like I had been.

"Kate,"

I quickly looked at Adrian as his voice brought me from my thoughts. "Yeah?"

"You zoned out there for a minute. I was asking if you'd pass the butter." I nodded handing it to him with a sheepish smile on my lips.