Chapter Twenty One|| Unknown Callers

{Katherine's POV}

I screeched when arms darted around my waist as Adrian picked me up, spinning me around. Laughter bubbled within me as he placed me on my feet and his hands attacked my sides tickling them.

"Stop, please!" I got out between laughs.

"Never." He playfully growled and I laughed trying to push him away.

"Adrian!"

"Katherine!" he mocked.

Soon the torture stopped and he looked down at me with amused eyes.

"A kiss might set you free."

"Hm..would it now?"

"I said might." I grinned wrapping my arms around his neck and leaned on my tiptoes to give him a soft, slow kiss.

When I pulled back he made a 'hmm' sound and a thinking face.

"Maybe two." he said and I let out a snort pushing him away.

"Good try." I winked.

"Hey, I showed you mercy!" he defended and I shook my head amused.

"Adri?" A sleepy voice asked and I turned seeing Ivy holing her bear in one arm and rubbing her eyes with the other.

"Hey, baby girl, did we wake you?" he asked walking over and scooping her up in his arms.

"I heard Kathween yelling. I was worried." She said and I made a sad face holding back my 'aw'.

She's too cute.

"I'm sorry, Ives." I said walking over to the two and she just smiled in response.

"Its okay." She mumbled laying her head on Adrian's shoulder.

"Lets get you back to bed." he said walking towards her room.

"Can you and Kathween lay with me?" She asked followed by a yawn.

"Sure." I replied and Adrian shot me a grateful smile and I followed them into her room that looked like it had a pink explosion.

Everything was pink.

Adrian laid her in the middle of her bed and laid down on one side of her and I took the other. We were kinda cramped, but we didn't let it show. Ivy was quick to curl into Adrian's side snuggling up to him with her bear. I smiled looking him and her over. Adrian totally had the dad thing down perfectly. I was going to have to catch up.

Just watching the two of them made me know I definitely wanted a child of my own. I wanted to raise one with him and experience that together. It was shocking to think about.

Ivy's eyes slowly closed and I let out a yawn myself and couldn't help but close my eyes as well.

Five minutes won't hurt...

***

I woke to someone carrying me. Slowly letting my eyes flutter open, I looked up seeing Adrian looking down at me with a cheesy smile.

"You passed out with Ivy, so I just thought i'd bring you to your own bed." he mused and I gave him a lazy grin snuggling into his chest.

"Im tired." I responded.

The day had been long. From our talk this morning, to some things I did around the house, then to Adrian's meetings, and then getting marked all took a toll on someone for the day.

Adrian stopped outside my door and I saw his eyes flicker to the door down the hall.

"Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight?" He hesitantly asked.