Chapter Fifteen|| Regret

{Adrian's POV}

When I tucked Ivy into bed that night, I felt like a hole had been ripped through my chest. This little girl has became my everything and with her being threatened of being taken from me was devastating.

"Why are you so mad, daddy?" Ivy asked and my heart clenched even more at her calling me her father, and this time I didn't have the heart to tell her to call me Adrian.

"Im not, sweetie." I responded and she sat her small hand on mine.

"You is shaking. You shake when you mad." She said and I smiled amused at her improper grammar.

"Katherine and I had a small fight." I tried to explain and she looked down at her hands tilting her head a little.

"Is it because she was cwying?" My brows furrowed.

"What?"

"When Stacy bwought me home, I heard her be mean to Kathween," Ivy said and my whole body stilled. "She said Kathween wasn't pwetty, but I think Kathween is very pwetty."

Anger boiled within me.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"She also said she had poor people shoes. What is that?" You've got to be kidding me.

"Nothing, sweetie." I tried to mask my anger the best I could.

"When did you see Katherine cry?" I asked.

"She went to play with me after their talk and I saw her wiping her eyes." She spoke softly and I wiped a hand over my face.

How could you be so stupid, Adrian?

"Alright it's bed time, sweet girl." I spoke and stood leaning over turning her lamp off.

"Night, Adri." I smiled.

"Night, Ives."

I walked out of her room shutting the door behind me and made my way to Katherine's quickly as possible. Her door was open and I peered in not seeing her.

"Kate?" I called out—no response.

I saw her closet open and I quickly walked over and opened it. There only sat hangers and all her stuff was gone. I noticed her suitcase she had put at the top of her closet was gone as well.

No.

She wouldn't...she wouldn't leave me, would she?

"What have you done?" I spoke and ran my hands through my hair not knowing what to do.

I pulled out my phone calling Stephanie.

"Hello?"

"Stephanie! As your alpha I command you to tell me if Katherine is with you." I spoke and heard her voice hitch.

"She's not with me, sir. What's wrong, Adrian?" I sighed knowing she wasn't lying, she couldn't go against my command.

"We got into a bad fight and I said things I shouldn't have." I mumbled.

"Adrian..."

"I know, Stephanie, I messed up." I mumbled and sighed once more.

"Look I have to go, call me if she shows up there. I won't come get her, i'll let her cool off for a few days, but I just need to know she's okay."

"I will." Stephanie assured and I hung up the call.

'Get together some men. Katherine has left.' I mind linked Clark.

'Is everything okay?' He responded.

'Obviously not.' I cut our link off and let out a growl of frustration.

{Katherine's POV}

I drove quickly over the pack border as I could. If I estimated correctly, I could reach the Power Pack by tomorrow. What scared me the most is I had to go through the Malevolent pack to get there. If I stuck to the main roads I will be in normal human towns and i'll be okay.

My mother lived in the Power Pack and I just had to get away from Adrian. I won't live a life where he chooses to believe someone like Stacy over me. Grabbing my phone, I called my mother and put it on speaker.

"Hello, darling, how are you?" Her voice floated through the speaker and I smiled.

She was my adoptive mother, but I loved her as my own blood. She was the best.

"Still living my Radio Show dream." I mused and heard her chuckle.

"I think they miss you here on their stations." She replied.

I missed the Power Pack, I truly did, but the Rampant Pack was so free and just amazing. I couldn't find myself wanting to leave it forever. I'd go back in a few days and probably crash on Stephanie's couch until I figured out what to do about Adrian.

"Im actually on the way there now." I spoke.

"Honey! That's great! Your father and I miss you! I will get the guest room ready! Make sure you stick to the human traveled roads."

"I know, mom." I said with a small laugh.

"Im just saying. What brings you here? Not that I don't want you here, it's just random." She says and I sigh.

"There is some thing I need to tell you. Though, it's better to tell you in person. I should be there by tomorrow sometime." I replied.

"Okay, sweetie, remember if you get tired to stop for the night. I don't want something happening." She stressed.

"Mom, I know." I rolled my eyes with a laugh at her protectiveness.

"You're my baby, It's my job to worry about you." She said and I scoffed.

"Im an adult, mom."

"Oh shush. You will always be me and your father's little girl."

"Don't I know. Look mom, I have to stop and get gas, but I'll be there soon. Okay?"

"Alright, love you. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Love you too, bye."

***

After getting gas I was back on the road of a long journey. Hours passed, and eventually the sun came back up just as I was passing a sign in bright purple letters saying 'Welcome to The Power Pack!' and I smiled relaxing.

After about thirty minutes into the pack I turned on the road where my childhood house was. I thanked my parents for living on the outskirts of the pack as I pulled into the driveway. My parents were running out the door and I laughed as I got out and they tackled me into a hug.

"It's been so long!" My mother cried.

"It's been a year." I said.

"That is a long time!" She countered.

I just smiled and my dad pulled me into a tight hug.

"Missed ya." He spoke and I smiled up at him.

"I could use you to beat up a guy for me." I said and he playfully flexed his arms.

"Who is it? I'll leave right now." He joked and my mom swatted at him.

"What do you mean? Did you an Eric break up?" She asked.

"Oh yes, a long time ago."

"So who is this new boy?"

"My mate. He's an alpha..." I replied like it was an everyday thing.

"Your what?!" They both yelled at the same time.

_________________________
Uh oh

Vote
Comment
Share

What do you think will happen next?

Not edited