Chapter Eleven|| I'm Sorry

{Katherine's POV}

I groaned trying to stand from the now lukewarm water. My body felt like needles were repeatedly stabbing everywhere and my neck was covered in sweat. Whimpering, I managed to get out of the tub and tried walking to the shower only to fall to my knees with a scream as another wave hit me.

Adrian is coming. He heard what you said. He's coming. I repeated this over and over again.

I sobbed when I realized I wasn't even strong enough to get up and go to the shower that was five feet away. The pain was becoming unbearable. I knew another wave was coming with the heat that was crawling up my neck and I felt this would be the breaking point. I'd surely pass out from the pain.

That doesn't sound too bad though, my subconscious spoke.

I was distracted from the pain momentarily as I heard my bedroom door burst open and I heard pieces of something hit the ground outside the bathroom door. Did Adrian just break down my door?

Sure enough my bathroom door opened and Adrian's eyes were a shining bright orange as he stared at me with heavy breathing. Seconds later he was scooping me up in his arms and I moaned in relief at the contact of his touch. The pain instantly settled.

"Im so sorry, baby." He whispered as he carried me to the shower and turned on the cold water as cold as he could get it.

He pushed back my sweaty hair from my face looking me over. My eyes were droopy and he cursed walking into the shower with us not caring to get his expensive suit soaked with water.

He held me closely but turned us where the water was hitting my back and I sighed snuggling closer to him.

"I can't believe I forgot. This is my job and I forgot. Shit!" He cursed again angrily.

"You're here now. T-that's all that matters." I managed to get out and tightened my hold on him as if he'd disappear any moment.

"Im not going anywhere, Kate." He spoke his arms tightening around my waist.

"I can't stand it any longer." I groaned out as a dull pain started again.

I felt his hands drop from my waist to the back of my thighs and I gasped at the contact before he picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Good thing you don't have to." He replied holding me and I wanted to cry at how much this meant to me.

Here he was holding me like a father would hold his child, standing in cold water.

He's your mate, idiot. He's supposed to, that nagging voice spoke up again.

Be mad at him. He left you all alone, it reminded but I couldn't find it in me. He still came to take care of me.

"Adrian." I groaned feeling the pain quick up a bit, wiggling in his grasp.

His hold tightened on me as he gulped and I noticed his control was slipping.

"Do something." I pleaded not knowing what I was really asking for.

"I can't." He said and I managed to look up at him.

"What?"

"I will lose control. I'm not good with control, Katherine, you don't understand." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't give a damn about your control. Lose it then." I said and his eyes shined a bright orange again.

"Kate-" I cut him off by leaning forward placing my lips on his.