Chapter Twenty|| The Marking

{Katherine's POV}

My heart was beating frantically as Adrian stood up and my legs instantly wrapped around his waist as he held me. He walked forward sitting me on his desk and I leaned back on my arms to prop myself up as he stared at me hungrily.

"I've been wanting to have my claim on you since the first time I laid eyes on you." Adrian spoke with his eyes shining a bright orange.

"I've been waiting." I replied and he grinned.

"All you had to do was ask." he stated placing his hands on my waist tugging me to him as he stood between my legs.

His head dipped and he placed a kiss on the right side of my neck. My wolf was yearning for him to speed the process up as he teased us. He knew my wolf and I were becoming inpatient with out constant fidgeting.

Would it hurt? What would it look like? How would I feel after? Millions of thoughts rushed through my mind by the second.

"Relax." he spoke next to my ear.

"Hard to do when a wolf is about to latch his jaws onto your neck." I joked and he let out a snort.

"I don't think it's much like that."

"How do you know? You've never did this." I teased and he let out a playful growl.

"It comes in the wolf genes." He replied nipping at my ear.

"Will it hurt?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"For a second, but it will morph into something...blissful." Adrian clarified.

Not too bad...

He pulled back placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"You're not ready." he said noticing my hesitation.

"I am. It's just...this is a big step for us and I've been known to have commitment issues." I stated and he sighed.

That probably wasn't the best thing to admit when your mate was about to mark you.

"I'm not going to push this onto you Kat-"

"Oh just shut up and do it!" I nearly yelled just wanting to get the wait over.

My wolf was going insane.

"If you insist. You better not have any regrets when i'm done." he warned with a playful look and I rolled my eyes.

"I think that will be the last thing on my mind."

"Hm, I'm sure it will." he spoke leaning back down nuzzling my neck before placing another kiss there.

Adrian's kisses stooped lower as he placed one exactly above my collarbone, the place where a male marks his mate.

I closed my eyes when I felt his canines trail across the spot before his grip on me tightened. I knew it was coming. Soon enough I felt the bite and a yelp left me. Son of a— whoa. Pleasure was thrusted through the bond the second his teeth fully sank into my neck. My head fell backwards letting out an involuntary moan at how blissful it felt.

His canines were quick to retract as his tongue flicked over the newfound mark healing it. I heard his wolf purr as he took in my scent that now shifted to have part of his and soon would fully have it once we complete the bond by mating.

When he pulled back looking me over he had a satisfied look on his face.

"Now no men will dare to even look at you." He spoke, his eyes not leaving the mark.

"Hm, about that...your neck looks pretty plain. If no males can look at me...then shouldn't women not be able to look at you?" I stated and his eyes widened slightly.

"You want to mark me too?" He asked and I nodded.

I read about the other Lunas marking their mates, so why shouldn't I mark Adrian?

"Very well then." He smirked sitting back in his chair and I stood suddenly feeling my wolf perk up.

He's letting us mark him!

"How exciting." I teased and he let out a small laugh.

"Stop teasing and do it. Gonna back out?" he spoke, challenging me.

"Don't patronize me." I took a seat on his lap, straddling him.

His hands immediately rested on my sides and I leaning kissing him passionately. He let out a growl of satisfaction and his tongue slipped past my lips to meet mine. I broke the kiss trailing my lips down his neck.

I was really doing this...I was going to mark my mate. Never in a million years would I had ever thought I'd be in this situation. I still think a small part of me felt like all this wasn't really happening. I couldn't help but feel like I was on cloud nine. I'm marked, which means I'm about to be luna, and I'm about to mark my mate, an alpha, who doesn't care what anyone thinks! He's letting me do it!

Every woman in his pack will know he now belongs to me. No one else... but me.

I gave control to my wolf and she immediately took over. Her canines extended and before I knew it..she sunk her teeth into his shoulder. He let out a small grunt at the first pain felt, but it soon turned into pleasure.

I wanted to smirk at the satisfied sounds leaving him. When she was done, she retracted and licked the wound to heal it like Adrian had done. Then there it was; a mark that stated I had my claim on him. It was beautiful in my wolf's eyes. A bond, a promise.

'If I known it was going to feel like that, I would have let you do that earlier.' Adrian mused and my eyes widened as it came through in a mind link.

I forgot we would now be able to mind link. Amazing.

'I can do it again if you'd like.' I shot back raising a brow and he let out a laugh.

'I'd let you but I don't think we're in the right room for me to lose control.' He winked and I scoffed giving him a playful push.

"You have a dirty mind, alpha."

"And you have one just as dirty, luna."

"Now, what will it take me to get you into bed?" He asked and I rolled my eyes standing up.

"I think your ego is getting the best of you, sir." I mocked and he growled.

"I'll show you sir." He got up to lunge for me but I easily made my way around his desk putting it between us.

I grinned waiting for him to make a move.

"You know I could flip this table right?"

"You could...but you don't want to wake Ivy now do you?"

"Touche."

Adrian literally lunged for me over the desk easily jumping over it and I let out a screech taking a b line for the office door and threw it open running out.

Our laughter bounced off the walls as he chased after me down the hall. I took a sharp right trying to throw him off my trail but as I looked back I saw it was no use as he was effortlessly catching up. I knew he could easily catch me, but he wanted to be the predator and I was his prey.

"What do I get if I catch you?" he called out as I continued to run down the hall like a five year old.

"Hm, I guess you'll have to find out." I smirked hearing his playful growl.

"Game on."
________________________
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE