Chapter Six|| Mates

{Katherine's POV}

Yesterday after we played around with Ivy and her friend, Audrey, Adrian took me back to Stephanie's house. It was a short and awkward goodbye causing me to hurry inside only to find Stephanie waiting to hound me for details, so I explained that we really and only just talked. Satisfied, she let me crash on her couch like any other night.

Though, I tossed and turned all night with Adrian on my mind. What will happen to me? Would he take me as his mate? Would I go live with him and Ivy? Oh, my Goddess... Ivy! What would she think?

She's like four, my subconscious spoke.

I finally turned to stare up at the ceiling with a huff. What if he doesn't want me? The thought hurt... bad. He wouldn't have spoken so openly to me if not... He does want me.

Pushing the thoughts away, I finally turned with a sigh and closed my eyes falling asleep.

***

I was shaken roughly and I groaned digging my face into my pillow more.

"Get up you idiot! Adrian called and he is bringing Ivy over. You also have slobber on your face!" Stephanie seethed and at the mention of Adrian's name my wolf was wide awake and I sighed sitting up.

"Go get ready! You need to look at least decent." She scolded and I scoffed.

"Gee, thanks," I mumbled standing to my feet and headed towards the bathroom still half asleep.

I looked myself over in the mirror and grimaced. I looked rough. From the lack of sleep of tossing and turning all night at the endless possibilities that flooded my mind, it was safe to say it took a toll on my appearance. I had dark circles under my eyes, and my blonde hair was a mess sticking up in every which direction. I leaned down splashing some water on my face before grabbing a towel, patting it dry.

I took my toothbrush and brushed my teeth before putting some concealer under my eyes to hide the circles and set it with some powder. I pulled my hair up into a tight bun after brushing the knots from it. Looking satisfied that I no longer look like the walking dead, I changed into some fresh clothes and headed out to get some coffee.

"You look much better," Stephanie reassured.

"Thanks," I grumbled causing her to laugh as she innocently sipped her coffee.

"Can you blame me for trying to get everything perfect? You and Adrian are officially my OTP." She said and I shook my head as I pour myself a cup.

"Yeah, well, this relationship has already started out more confusing than anything I've been in before," I replied taking a seat next to her.

Just as I got relaxed and started to feel the caffeine seep through my system, the doorbell rang.

"Got it," Steph replied jumping off her seat before heading towards the front door.

I think she's more excited than me...

"Hey, Stephanie." Adrian's voice fluttered through the air making my wolf howl in delight that her mate was near.

I got up walking to where the three stood and once Ivy saw me she squealed running and I squatted just in time to pick her up and do a little spin with her as her laughter bounced off the walls around us.

"Hey, Ives," I said smiling and she beamed at me.

"Do we get to watch another movie today?" She asked me with her big, doe eyes wide with excitement and I laughed looking up at Stephanie for an answer.

"Actually, I was hoping Katherine would come with me today, Ivy." She pouted as I looked at Adrian and slowly nodded.

"Yeah sure." We do need to talk after all.