Chapter Thirteen|| Rudeness

{Katherine's POV}

We never did finish the conversation. He told Stacy we were busy that night and she never came. Then, Adrian made it his goal to avoid me the best way he could: work. Every excuse was work.

"Sorry I missed dinner, I had work" or "Sorry I didn't see you yesterday...work's a bitch" and that was that. I was confused as to why he was distant. Was he seriously mad at me for telling him what I thought when he said he wouldn't get mad?

He always was home long enough for me to hear Ivy's giggles, but by the time I made it to her room to see him, he had vanished. At least he isn't cutting her out. Did he just need time to think things over? Calm down?

Luckily, I had the day off and I got up bright and early to confront him. I couldn't take this anymore. My wolf's whining was becoming unbearable from being away from her mate for so long.

I sat downstairs on a kitchen chair sipping my coffee when I heard his footsteps. When he walked into the kitchen he looked shocked to have seen me.

"You're up early." He mumbled making his way to the coffee pot.

"Really? Hm, shocked you couldn't leave before seeing me today? Or did you forget you had a mate there for a minute?" I asked and heard him sigh.

"Not now, Kate." He replied starting to walk back out of the room with his cup of coffee.

"Adrian!" I all but yelled and his steps halted as he turned to face me.

"What?"

"Stop being a dick!" I snapped and his eyes widened slightly.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you anything! I knew you would get mad! You can't be mad at me when you asked for me to tell you what I thought!" I stated and he rose a brow.

"Im not mad?"

"Bullshit!" I threw back at him.

"I've just been thinking things over, Kate."

"What things?"

"Stuff, Kate, stuff! What I do in my spare time doesn't concern you." He stated and my jaw dropped slightly and he closed his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose with his free hand. "That didn't come out right." He murmured.

"You're pathetic." I spoke and went to brush past him but he caught my arm.

"Kate-"

"Don't 'Kate' me. It's Katherine. You don't get to call me Kate, got it? People who actually deserve me get to call me that. You're all but a body that I see on a daily basis." I wanted to take back the words the minute they left my mouth but it was too late.

He dropped my arm and ran his tongue over his bottom lit angrily.

Newsflash, you poked the bear, my subconscious spoke.

"You can't basically tell me you don't trust me and not expect me to get mad." He stated and I popped a hip out folding my arms.

"So you are mad?"

"Yes! Yes, Katherine, I'm pissed. You basically told me you don't trust me. You seriously thought I slept with my best friend's sister and still do?! Then you precede to think i'd choose her over you? You're my mate for Goddess' sake!" He yelled and I flinched.

"I never said I didn't trust you. It's her I don't trust." I stated and he sat his coffee down and shrugged.

"Then I don't know what you want me to do, Katherine," He said exasperated. "She's apart of this deal. To have Ivy in my life, I have to have Stacy in my life. There's nothing I can do to change that. You don't understand what she is capable of if you piss her off! She could take Ivy from me! That little girl has became my life, do you understand that? I made a promise to my best friend and I intend to keep it. So, tell me now before this strings on long enough, do you want me? Because if you do, she is apart of our life too."