Chapter Twenty-Five|| Missing friends

{Katherine's POV}

I rose from bed to hurry after Adrian. What if something happened and it was because I didn't follow the instructions?! The note said I'd have two days!

When I reached Ivy's bedroom, I looked in seeing Adrian lying beside a sleeping Ivy. He was calmer, but I could still see how tense he was. Slowly, I backed away from the room and headed back to mine. Adrian didn't even want to look at me.

I walked into my bedroom and pulled back my covers climbing into bed completely worn out and tired. Why couldn't our lives just be simple? Then again, when were lives of werewolves ever simple?

I closed my eyes feeling a major headache come on.

"Baby," I heard him call. "Come back to bed." I opened my eyes and saw him in the doorframe of the room.

"You need a break, just go back to bed," I mumbled closing my eyes again hearing him sigh.

Footsteps approached and seconds later the covers were thrown off me causing my eyes to fly open. Adrian swooped his arm under my legs and one under my back, picking me up effortlessly.

"What I need is you in my arms or I definitely won't sleep." He mumbled carrying my bridal style to his room.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and he didn't reply.

He was still mad, but he was trying to be calm for my sake.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow," he replied once he reached his room.

He carried me to bed placing me down softly before going back to shut the door.

"What about Ivy?" I asked.

"I have some of my men watching her room. She'll be fine." I nodded as he climbed back in.

I turned on my side away from him just thinking of everything that could happen from here out.

Seconds later, arms wrapped around my waist pulling me back to Adrian's chest.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just mad at the situation," he said next to my ear, placing a kiss on my mark causing my eyes to flutter shut.

I was too.

***

"This was the note in my mate's room and I want to know how it got there," Adrian stated in an authoritative voice looking at the guards that were patrolling the house last night.

"I-I don't know, sir." One man spoke nervously.

"That's bullshit and you know it. How could a whole person get themselves up to her room without them being seen?" He snapped.

The men flinched from his tone, but the question remained unanswered. My brows furrowed thinking about it.

If the guards were patrolling last night, no one should have got through. The only people in the house were me, Adrian, and Ivy. I know it. So... how did someone get in?

What if...they didn't.

"Adrian...what if they didn't?" I asked and his eyes snapped to mine.

"What? That's impossible."

"What if...they had a witch send it?" Realization sat in and he gritted his teeth together.

He seemed to know something. "What is it?"

"Stacy's friend is a witch. Dammit, I should have known. You are dismissed." He told the men who quickly scurried from the room.

A ferocious growl shook the room and Adrian visibly shook with anger. Out of instinct, my hand reached out laying on his shoulder. He visibly relaxed at my touch and his eyes met mine.