Chapter Ten|| Full Moons

{Katherine's POV}

"Good morning," I spoke as I walked into the kitchen where Ivy and Adrian were having breakfast.

"Morning, love. I made pancakes and bacon if you'd like some." Adrian offered.

"That sounds amazing, thank you." At the sight of the food, my mouth began to water.

I had some time to kill before I headed to the station and breakfast sounded amazing. I didn't really eat breakfast much because I was always running late or avoiding Eric. Yeah...I definitely was the cause of the breakup.

It's nice to be able to sit down and eat. Not to mention, Adrian cooked it. Could he be any more perfect? I couldn't help but eye him as I made me a plate and sat down at the table with them.

"Good morning, Ivy." I smiled cutting a piece of my pancake up.

"Mowning." She said with a giggle and I wanted to awe as Adrian cut up her pancakes for her in bite-size pieces.

"How did you sleep?" Adrian asked once he was done helping Ivy and turned back to his plate and started eating.

"I slept well. You?"

Why did this sound awkward?

"Same." The sound of utensils scraping against plates was heard once again and I could laugh at how weird this was.

He wasn't used to eating breakfast with anyone besides Ivy and I wasn't used to doing any of this in general. Odd pairing we are.

Adrian glanced at his watch and sighed. "I need to head to work. Can you make sure she gets done eating all her food and take her to Clark so she can go to Stephanie's?" He asked and then took the last bite of his pancakes and grabbed his plate standing.

"Yeah, no problem," I said as he placed his dish in the sink.

"Bye, baby girl." He said as he walked over placing a kiss on the top of Ivy's head and started to walk off before he stopped and turned walking around to my side and placed a kiss on my cheek causing me to laugh.

"Got two girls to kiss goodbye to now. Bye, babe." He winked and once again went to leave but stopped.

"Oh yeah, tonight Clark will be taking Ivy to his house after he picks her up so she can spend some time with Audrey. I will be home late because after I leave the office Stacy wants to have dinner for some celebration for work or something." He explained and I wanted to yell at him for going to dinner with the woman who wanted to rid me, but I refrained and managed a small nod returning to my food.

"Katherine, remember what I told you last night." He added in a warning tone before leaving. I sighed looking at Ivy who seemed just dandy munching away on her pancakes carefree.

I wish I could feel like that.

"More milk?" She asked raising her cup causing me to let out a small laugh. She's too cute.

"Coming right up."

***

After I helped Ivy finish eating and get cleaned up I took her to Clark and headed off to work.

"You're here. Good, we have a lot of people listening in today." Eddie said when I walked in and I shrugged off my coat hanging it on the coat rack and tossed my stuff next to my chair and took a seat before my mic.

"Well, I'm ready," I told him mentally preparing myself for what was to come.

Eddie walked back into his studio taking his seat and after getting anything ready he signaled me I was on the air.