Chapter Thirty-Five|| Heat

{Katherine's POV}

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I yelled. "My insides are literally burning from the inside out!" I screamed at Adrian as he sat outside the tub next to me.

"I'm sorry! But I did tell you marking each other earlier would have made this a lot easier!" he defended, completely fed up with my mood changes.

I just groaned out in response, throwing my head back against the wall. "If you don't do something, I swear to the Goddess I'll—"

"You'll what?" he challenged and I rolled my eyes, but groaned when another wave hit me.

"Shit, fine, fine," he mumbled, standing up and stripped his shirt off and pants until he was only in his boxers and climbed in the tub behind me, pulling me to his chest.

The pain immediately went away and I sighed in relief. I thought about the situation for a minute and let out a humorless laugh. "What?" Adrian asked and I sighed, pressing myself against him more trying to make the pain dull.

"This is all because of that bitch." I gritted out.

"Let's not talk about her. This is already bad enough as it is," he stated and rolled my eyes once more.

"Not like I could help it!"

"Would you stop getting so defensive?" he chuckled out and I let out a low growl in response.

I felt him nip at my neck causing me to jump a bit. "Don't growl at me," he spoke huskily next to my ear, nipping at my ear too.

He trailed kissed down my neck and I let my eyes close blissfully and my head turned to give him more access. "I'm going to mark you," he stated and I didn't care to respond, only nodded.

Anything to end this torture. When his teeth sunk into my neck, a screech left me. I knew it always hurt more the second time getting marked, but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. It was like a bear trap was latched onto the side of my neck. The first time it was a quick pinch and turned blissful, this was long, excruciating pain while it turned to a few seconds of pleasure before he pulled away.

"Shit." I groaned out at the throbbing it left behind as his tongue swept over the bite to heal it.

"I'm sorry, I know that wasn't like the first time," he spoke, placing a kiss at the top of my head.

The pain slowly calmed down and I rested my head against his chest in relief. "I love you," I stated, feeling the need to remind me. "I know this isn't your ideal night. I'm sorry."

"Don't ever apologize, babygirl. I love you too." he placed a kiss on my mark, sending chills throughout my body.

"Are you going to let me mark you?" I asked and he chuckled, letting his face rest in the crook of my neck.

"Of course, but...I want to do it differently this time." my brows furrowed.

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"When we mate, I want you to mark me then." my eyes nearly left my head.

"Isn't that...deemed as weak? It's already a sign of weakness for a male to let his mate mark him, but during a time of such intimacy?" I could feel him grin into my neck.

"Yes it is, but it's also twenty-eighteen. Those rules and statements were created decades ago. Plus, if you do that during our first time together...it will be utter blissfulness for you and that's all I want for you. I think male mates tend to forget that sometimes." my heart swelled.

"Did you research that too?" I joked and we both laughed.

"Maybe." I could still feel him grinning into my neck.

Goddess, I loved this man.

"What if I don't want to wait on tradition?" I asked and his head raised and I turned mine to look at him.

He looked confused.

"I thought you wanted to do this the right way? Honor the Goddess? Isn't that what all girls usually want?" I shrugged.

"It's not like it's my first time, ya know and honestly...I love you so much and I think that's why I held back at first because mating with you...I'm giving myself all of you and I was so scared of heartbreak that I didn't want to in the beginning...but now I'm sure."

His eyes were flickering between orange and blue as my heart was beating faster by the second. In seconds, he had picked me up as he stood and was already carrying me out of the tub and towards his bed.

"Your wish is my command." he mused as he slowly placed me on my back.

For a minute, he just took me in. I was in nothing but a soaked bra and underwear but he stared at me like I was the Goddess herself. Seeing his eyes take in every curve, scar, or mark made my heart swell even more if possible. Slowly his seriousness dropped and a slow smile crawled its way onto his face. "How did I ever get so lucky? You're a Goddess, Katherine," he spoke as he got onto the bed, hovering above me as he placed his hands next to my head, holding himself up.

I grinned up at him. "I ask myself that every day, Adrian." he leaned down, catching my lips with his and my hands instinctively went to his hair.

When his tongue slipped past the barrier of my lips, he fought for the dominance I knew he'd win. I felt lightheaded at how he kissed me. It was as if I was going to leave his grasp and never be seen again. It was full of passion and hunger, not a second wasted. It left me breathless as he pulled away, trailing his luscious kisses down my neck. I gasped as he reached my mark, causing his fingers to dig into my hips as he held them tightly to keep me from squirming.

His hands went behind my back, unclasping my bra causing my heart to speed up. This was really happening. When he discarded it, he grinned at my red-tinted cheeks. "Gorgeous," he mumbled, trailing kissing down the center of my chest until he stopped right above my navel and I couldn't help but look at him and at that exact moment, his eyes met mine as he placed another slow, torturous kiss and a devilish smirk crossed his face.

And at that moment, I knew I was a goner.

And I was on cloud nine about five seconds later.

________________________________

VOTE 

COMMENT

SHARE

WOOOOO