Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Trying

{Katherine's POV}

I woke up with a smile on my face, just as I do every day. Adrian was peppering kisses along my shoulder and up my neck.

"Good morning, love." his husky voice spoke.

"Morning." I grinned, turning to face him.

He was silent just looking me over causing me to let out a nervous laugh.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"I just...Goddess, do you know how beautiful you are?" he asked and my cheeks warmed.

I've been around this man for months yet I still wasn't used to his compliments.

"You're too sweet." I smiled.

"It's the truth, babe."

I leaned forward, placing a kiss on his lips and pulled back slightly. "Let's do something tonight. Just me and you...get away for the night." I suggested.

"I like the sound of that." he grinned.

"Where shall we go?"

"Hm, what about a nice dinner? Neither of us cooking and a time to just talk and let loose for a few?"

"I'd love that." he grinned at my response.

"Me too. Let me finish up some paperwork and we can get ready after and head out. I'll call Clark to see if Ivy can come to stay with him and his daughter for a few hours."

"Sounds good."

After we managed to pull ourselves out of bed, we got ready for the day. He went straight to his office to work and I decided a walk through the pack would be nice considering it was such a pretty day.

"Morning luna." someone spoke and I smiled at them.

"Good morning." I walked past them, continuing my walk and many others had told me good morning as well.

This pack was so welcoming. It was weird being a luna, but I've come to love it. Interacting with everyone was a breath of fresh air. I always would be on the run from relationships and friendships so I never got too close to people and gave them a chance to even get close. Stephanie was a different story, though. She stuck around and she was so hardheaded, so it was a perfect friendship I guess you could say.

As I was walking, I saw a mother cradling her baby. She was with a friend and they were both smiling down at the giggling little girl. I smiled, loving the sight of it. I never thought I'd be craving to start a family either.

I couldn't help but walk over, as they sensed me, their heads darted up. "G-good morning, Luna."

"Good morning, girls. How are you today?" I asked and they beamed back at me.

"We're great! I'm Allison, and this is my friend Natalie." She stated and I looked down at the baby girl in her arms.

"And who is this sweet little thing?" Allison laughed.

"This is my little girl, Bri."

"She's beautiful," I stated, admiring the baby's smile as she stared up at me.

"Thank you, Luna!"

"Oh, please, call me Katherine!"

"If you wish." I looked around and back to them.

I needed to make friends...step out of my comfort zone for a chance.

"Would you two like to grab some coffee? If you're not busy?" Their eyes widened.

"I-I'd love to, Lun- I mean Katherine." She laughed nervously.

"Awesome! Any good recommendations?"

"There is an amazing coffee shop a street over," Natalie suggested.

"Great! Let's go!"

***

"So how is it like being luna?" Allison asked.

"It's...different but a good different. I mean...I'm not technically luna until I do the ritual as I'm sure you two know, but I'm starting to get used to it."

"And Alpha Adrian? How is he to you?" Natalie asked excitedly.

I could laugh at how starstruck she looked.

"He's amazing. I've never met anyone quite like him..."

"That's great. He's a good man. My mate, Johnathan, lost his job right before Bri was born and it was a hard time for us. Adrian found out because Beta Clark is friends with my husband and the alpha got John hired at a good law firm."

My heart warmed hearing that. Adrian is indeed a good man.

"I'm glad to hear that."

We chatted some more, talking more about their mates and families.

"So...are you and Adrian thinking about having any pups here soon if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh no, it's fine! And...we've talked about it. So it's a future possibility." I grinned and the two women practically squealed.

"That is so exciting! It is such an amazing experience, believe it or not. I was that girl who never wanted kids. Then after John and I got married, we found out I was expecting and I was a nervous wreck, I kid you not. But, I decided that this was meant to be and I did it. The second her eyes met mine, Katherine, I was starstruck almost and I knew at that moment...that little girl would forever be my whole world."

I wanted to 'awe' at her.

"That's so sweet."

"I know we just met, but if you decide to have one and you do, feel free to ask me about any questions you may have. Everyone's experience is different and it is so annoying when everyone who has had a kid tries to tell you what to do and what not to do, so I won't be that mom and tell you my whole story and what not but just know that if you ever need help, I am more than willing to lend a helping hand."

"Thank you so much, Allison. I really appreciate that."

She went to speak but stopped when something caught her eye behind me. Adrian's scent filled my senses and I smiled not even needing to turn around to see if it was him.

"Hey love, I've been looking for you," he spoke and I turned to see him.

"Sorry, I've just been chatting with these two. This is Allison and Natalie. Some new friends I've met." he almost looked like he was proud of me.

"That is good to hear. Hello, ladies, it's nice to meet you." he offered them and hand to shake and they did so starstruck.

I chuckled at the sight.

"I-it's nice to meet you, alpha," Natalie spoke.

"Likewise...what were you ladies talking about?" he asked and my cheeks warmed.

"Pups," I spoke and his eyes drifted to Bri in her carrier.

"I see...do you mind if I hold her?" He looked at the two women, clearly not knowing which Bri belonged to.

"Of course!" Allison chimed and leaned over to pick her up and carefully handed her to him.

He cradled her softly in his arms, grinning away. "Hello there, sweet girl." he nearly whispered and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest at the sight.

I needed a kid...now.

He looked up at me with a look of admiration as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

'I love you...this will be us soon, love, don't worry.' he mind-linked and I could have cried.

'I love you too.'

_____________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE