Surf And Sand

Hi! I'm Silver Walsh and I'm from South Beach, Flordia. Naturally I'm a surfer chic and strong swimmer having grown up on the shoreline. I'm not just a beach bum though, I attend college of the arts because my passion is painting. My dream is to own my own gallery some day. I also work at The Reef, which is the number one surf shop here at South Beach.

I'm your typical beach girl though, sun bleached blonde hair, sunkissed skin, and sparking blue eye's. My parent's say I'm part mermaid due to my love for the ocean. Currently I'm 24 but I was 22 at the time of my "accident". That's what everyone calls it except me, I know there was no accident. My family, friends, even this town thinks I'm crazy due to my "accident". I was forced to see many therapists to supposedly cure me but there was nothing to cure. I was told time and time again that it simply didn't happen, a figment of my imagination due to my "accident". People like that just didn't exist anymore and maybe this was how my mind was coping with my memory loss.

I had no damn memory loss. I can recall my kindergarten teacher, the first wave I caught, how I got my first skinned knee, remember every face and name I'd ever came in contact with. Doctors found that odd and assume it's my own minds protective instincts making up this outlandish tale of pirates that sail the ocean blue in yachts due to the trauma I must have experienced while I was missing.

I know for a fact I wasn't suffering from memory loss nor trauma of any sort. I had proof of these pirates but I chose to keep that well hidden. Eventually I just started agreeing with the doctors, my parents, and my friends just so they would think they'd healed me and I could stop the doctor visits and medicines. Regardless of what anyone thinks I know the truth and I'm not crazy. Sebastian Maverick is very real and not a figment of my imagination. Now that all of that is out of the way let me get into the details of how I ended up into a pirates hands or should I say my "accident" as everyone wants to call it.

Two years earlier. South Beach Flordia

College had just let out for the summer and excitement was in the air as students flocked to the shore for a bonfire along with some major night time surfing. Us natives knew of a few hidden gems along the coast where we could hang out to party and surf without being bothered by all the tourist that visited here in herds. Rushing out of my last and final class of the year I unchained my bike and pedaled as hard as I could toward home.  Once there I greeted my mom with a peck on the cheek and grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl.  As I peeled my banana mom asked "any happening parties going down tonight".

Laughing at her trying to talk like a hipster I said between mouthfuls "sure is. I'll be leaving out in a few. I just need to pack my gear and wait for Tyler to pick me up".

Tyler was my long time boyfriend. We'd been a item since our high school days and was practically inseparable. He was my first and only and yes we deeply loved each other. "Okay honey, just be careful tonight".

"Always am mom".

"Well I feel better telling you that anyways. Will you be coming home tonight?"

"Not sure but don't be alarmed if I don't. I'll give ya a call either way".

"Thanks honey".

Kissing her cheek goodbye I ran off to my room to get ready. Throwing on my bikini I sild into some cutoff jean shorts and tank top. I packed my wetsuit and hoodie because the beach can get chilly at night. I also grabbed a extra set of clothes just in case. Just as I grabbed my board I heard Tyler honking his horn. I yelled bye to my mom as I bolted out the door.

Tyler grinned his goofy grin as he jumped out of his seventies model VW van to help place my board on top. Tyler was a hippy to the very word. He was all about earth, wind, fire, and water along with healing crystals. Me, I was just a go with the flow kinda girl. Always up for the next adventure and looking for fun.

We swirled into The Spot to grab some grub before we hit the beach. Our next stop was the store where Tyler loaded up with beer, marshmallows, and weenies for our roast. By the time we arrived most of our crew was there and the bonfire was already ablaze. As I was unloading the van along with Tyler my bff Tracy ran up to me squealing. "Silver you missed it. I just surfed the wave of my life. Hurry up and get out there with me".

Nodding my head I laughed. It seems that Tracy surfs the wave of her life at least once a week. She was good though and handled her board well. Finally I got everything settled and stripped down to my bikini to hit the waves. After a hour or so I came out and wrapped up in my towel standing by the fire to warm up. Tyler handed me a beer and wrapped his arms around me.

The next time I hit the water I put my wetsuit on and by the time I came out it was close to midnight and the party was winding down. Some had left while others had popped up tents. A few sat around the fire listening to someone strum a guitar. "What do you say me and you take the boat out and sleep on the water?" Tyler asked.

This was nothing unusual and we had done it many times. A lot of locals owned boats and went out at night. Hopping back into the van we headed to the docks where Tyler's boat was docked. Carrying on the leftover beers and snacks we set sail. Tyler took us about twenty miles out before we became stationary for the night. We sat on deck drinking and looking out into the darkness of the night. It was very beautiful with the moon shining off the choppy water. "I been thinking A lot about us Silver".

Uh oh, am I getting ready to be dumped I wondered. "Really?" Was all I could come up with to say. "Yea, babe. I been thinking it's time I asked you to be mine".

Giving a nervous giggle I replied "I'm already yours silly".

Tyler scooted onto his knees and pulled a cute little ring from his pocket. "Marry me Silver?"

Gasping I covered my mouth. "Oh my goodness Tyler. Of course, yes, I will".

Tyler scooped me up into a kiss as we headed below deck. Let's just say the boat was rocking but it wasn't due to the water. Afterwards I slid my bikini back on and hibernated under the blankets where we both conked out.

I never knew I'd wake up to a nightmare. It had to be around 4 in the morning and was still very dark. I felt something nudging me and assumed it was Tyler wanting more sex. Without opening my eye's I shoved the hand away and grumbled "go back to sleep".

With that a strong hand clamped down hard on my mouth and I instantly opened my eye's. Through the darkness I could makeout three male figures looming in the dark. I tried to scream and reach for Tyler who was still snoring. That's when I was jerked up as duck tape was placed over my mouth. Thrashing my legs and arms I was tossed over a broad shoulder and taken off my boat and placed into a dingy. I tried to scramble away but was jerked back down harshly. "Stop moving bitch. You'll just make this harder on yourself".

Not giving a flip I tried again but this time a hard object crashed down on my skull sending me into the darkness. The last thing I heard was "the boss is going to love this one".