Man Overboard

Was I too harsh with the words I spat at Sabastion? Did I truly hurt him deeply enough to cause tears? Was he sincere with his words? Those was the questions that kept rolling through my mind as I soaked in his luxurious tub. Relishing the feel of a good, hot bubble bath, especially having been denied such commodities since I've been aboard. When I thought of the thing's I've been through since my abduction I couldn't force myself to feel guilty over my behavior toward Sabastion, but when the image of that lone tear clouded my mind a deep ache overtook my chest. Sinking my head underwater I shook the image away.

Wrapping a towel around me I exited the bathroom and saw the room empty. A note was stuck to the television. Padding my way over I ripped it down and read.

           Silver,
                          I have business to tend to above deck. Your clothes still remain in the closet along with your paint supplies if you get bored. A pizza will be sent to you shortly. The doors will remain locked until I can trust you not to attempt a escape. If you should need me buzz the wheelhouse. Enjoy yourself.

Huffing out a irritated puff of air I crumpled the note up and sailed it through the air as if it were a basketball. In the closet I sifted through my items and chose a pair of holey cutoff jean shorts and a solid, purple v-neck t-shirt with a unicorn print. The shorts were a tad looser on me due to the effects of the weight I had lost. Next I slid into a pair of galaxy printed Vans, which were my favorite shoe. Brushing through the wet tangles in my hair I grimaced at the gapped spots where that evil Leyla chopped  my hair away. To hide the damage I pulled my hair into a high, tight ponytail. Once satisfied I trotted back to the living area where my pizza was waiting. Grabbing the biggest slice I settled onto the sofa and turned my attention to the television. It was still reporting on this massive storm system and as I watched the track of the storm over the ocean on the screen, I couldn't help but wonder our location.

Selecting another slice of pizza I walked over to the glass doors which were locked as well to my dismay. Trying my best to see out I could see some angry clouds on the horizon and the water was a bit turbulent. Geez, I thought, not another one on these hellious storms. I had to know what to expect so swallowing my pride I buzzed the wheelhouse.

"Yes" Sabastion's voice sang out as if he knew it be me.

"Sabastion I was watching the news and saw the storm system. Should I be worried?"

He released a chuckle. "I'm trying my best to work us around this storm but keep in mind this is a huge system and the path is consistently changing. It's very likely that we may encounter some of it's rage. However, if we do you know the protocol. You will remain in my room and if it seems to be getting too dangerous I will fetch you".

Sensing my irritation he chuckled again. "Rest assured kitten, I want let anything happen to you. Now, turn the news off and stop worrying. Watch a comedy, horror, or one of those lame reality shows you love so much. Dinner will be served around fiveish today due to the unpredictable weather threat".

Groaning I simply muttered "goodbye Sabastion". I could hear his laughter as I disconnected. Settling back down on the sofa with yet another slice of pizza I flipped through the channels at his suggestion. It was of no use though, within ten minutes I found myself enthralled with the news once again.

As the evening wore on the sky got darker and the water angrier. By the time my supper of curried chicken, rice, and sauteed veggies arrived I could barely eat due to the swishing of the ship. After I managed to inhale my meal, I glanced out the balcony doors. Everything thing was a ugly blackish grey by now and the water was churning with deadly force. I instantly knew it was time to prepare myself. Scampering around I located the electric lantern and life jacket. Placing the life jacket over my head I sat patiently on the bed, lantern in hand awaiting Sabastion's arrival. As I waited the boat took a violent dip to it's side causing me to tumble from the bed. The lights flickered off and I fumbled around in the dark trying to locate the lost lantern, which wasn't a easy feat due to the manic rocking of the boat. I was being tossed around like a tumbleweed. Finally spotting the lantern I made a fumbly attempt at reaching it as I silently prayed that Sabastion would hurry. Soon as my hands made contact with the lantern I heard a ear splitting crash. Looking in the direction of the sound all blood drained from my face at what I saw. The glass balcony doors had been shattered open as the murderous water's rushed in at a alarming rate. Making my way to the door I was struck with yet another fear... I was locked in this room and the water was roaring in. Frantically I tried to bust the door open to no avail. Just as I was giving another hard kick the door sprung open and Sabastion swooped me up. Slamming the door shut he yelled over the violent winds. "This is worse than last time. Hang onto me with all you have".