Abandon Ship

Silver

I was still sitting out on the balcony painting and lost in my artistic world when I noticed a drastic change in the weather. The water seemed to be getting rather choppy and the breeze had kicked up a nocth. There was distant lightening on the horizon but I kept painting paying no heed. I don't know how much more time went by when the door burst open and Sabastion calls out my name sternly. "Silver, where are you?"

"Out here Hook". Within seconds he reached me and had a look of concern etched on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked suddenly worried. I'd never seen him look this way and it bothered me. "Getting your paintings in and place them in a secure place. A major storm popped up on the radar and we have no choice but to ride it through".

"But how?"

"This is the ocean kitten, storms pop up from nowhere. Now hustle with the paints"

I immediately started lugging all my supplies in and tucked them safely away. Then I snapped the sliding door shut securely, even though Sabastion double checked it. A knock on the door broke his scrambling around the room. A lady arrived handing him a bag and tray. After he dismissed her he sat the tray on the table. "I assume your hungry since you missed dinner but please eat quickly".

Sitting down I discovered my favorite pizza and dug in as he spoke. "In the bag you will find jeans, sweater, socks, rain boots, and a slicker, once you've ate quickly dress. The temps are going to drop with this storm". Going to the closet he jerked free a life preserver and tossed it on the bed. "Put this on as well, I don't know what we will be up aginest".

I finished my eating and offered him a slice, I didn't know if he'd eaten yet so I felt like he needed something. Taking the pizza from my hand he gave me a strange look but I shrugged it off. After a few bites he finished it then gave me a serious look. "Silver, the next few hours are going to be rough. I need you to promise me that you won't try any of your stunts duiring this storm. You'd be crazy to jump overboard in this mess because you wouldn't survive. Now  I've got to go back up".

My eye's got huge. "Wait, you're going to leave me by myself?"

"For now, yes. If it seems like it's getting to bad I will come get you. Actually your safer down here at the moment. There's a electric lantern on that shelf. Be best if you keep it close by. Please just listen to all I've said, that's the main thing".

Sabastion went to the door. "No matter what don't leave this room. I'll come to you". Just before leaving he turned with a grin. "You'll be fine Peter Pan". Sabastion said that to let me know me calling him Hook earlier didn't go unheard. Then he was gone. Instantly I stripped out of my clothes and slid into the warmer duds. After I pulled the boots on I laid the slicker along with the life jacket on the bed. Next I grabbed the lantern and held onto it.

Setting on the bed I could tell the storm had gotten closer. The boat was rocking a bit more and rain started pelting the glass door. Picking up a book I skimmed through it trying to take my mind off the storm but it wasn't much help as the raging sea became stronger. The rain was hammering down, lightening blazing the entire sky, and the boat was really starting to be tossed around. When I thought it couldn't get worse the boat tilted sharp to the right side causing the items on the table to slide off and some furniture tilt. Soon as it righted it tilted sharply to the left side and a picture fell off the wall along with furniture sliding around. Jumping up I figured now would be the time to put the life jacket and slicker on. As I fumbled with the snaps I mumbled. "Where are you Sabastion?"

Soon as I had the slicker adjusted the lights started to flicker and as I reached for the lantern the boat took another huge dip and made me lose my balance. The lantern flew from my grasp as I rolled toward the glass window. Using the handle to upright myself I caught a glimpse of the maddening ocean. A giant wave crashed down on the balcony and I could feel the door vibrate against it's assault. Scampering away in search of the lantern I was slammed into the opposite wall. As I was trying to pull myself up Sabastion busted in. "Silver, where are you?"

"Here". I squealed as another tilt sent me whirling toward him. I swore he laughed as his arms reached out to grab me and hold me steady. "What took you so long?" I hissed.

"Oh just a vicious storm, fighting a few waves on the way down, being
blinded by typhoon type rain". He smirked then I took in his appearance, he was soaked through, his hair dripping, and winded. Double checking the straps on my life jacket himself, I sucked in as he pulled them tighter. "Can you breathe?" He asked.

I nodded my head yes. "Then it's not tight enough" he retorted. I didn't know if he meant that as a joke or in all seriousness but I didn't have time to inquire as we were sloshed around by another violent dip. "We have to get out of here now. Jump on my back".

I didn't hesitate as he carried me out piggy back style. Going through the halls wasn't to harsh but once we emerged into the decks was another story. Sabastion yelled to me over the loudness of the storm. "Hold on tight kitten and don't let go no matter what"

I replied by squeezing my arms tighter around his neck. The rain was pelting down and felt like needles pentrateing my skin. The wind was beating down on us making it a struggle for Sabastion to walk. What was worse was the waves that crashed on deck around us threatening to sweep us away. As a wave hammered down in front of us Sabastion gripped a railing to keep us from being washed away as I screamed. He was gripping so tightly the veins buldged from his arms and neck. Finally when it was safe he released the railing and trudged on. I burried my face in the crook of his neck to keep from seeing the raging waters around us. I could taste the salt of his skin and his male scent overwhelmed me as my tears mingled with with the rain as I wept. "Shhhh... sweet baby, I got you". He comforted me.

After what seemed like eons we made it the the wheel house. His men helped us in and I slid from his back onto the wobbly floor. Sabastion sat me on the floor and instructed me to hold tight to a hand railing as he took over the wheel. I saw a massive wave crash down into the window and the men yelling orders as they battled the storm for control. Closing my eye's I started to hum a favorite tune to drown out the chaos. The next thing I recall was Sabastion squatting down to me. "You can open your eyes now kitten. We made it".

Slowly I opened my lids and stood. Looking around I saw the sun coming up on the horizon and I stepped outside to be met with a cool blast of air. Having wet clothes on didn't help either. Taking my hand, Sabastion took me below deck to the kitchen where steaming coffee was waiting for us. Sabastion placed a warm mug in my hand and I usually wasn't a coffee drinker but I welcomed it's warmth. We headed back to the room both exhausted and I didn't even care that I stripped bare in front of him, I just wanted to be rid of the wet clothing. Crawling in bed at the same time he pulled me to him. "Just to warm us up kitten, now sleep".

And that's what we did intertwined in each other's limbs.