Tides Of Change

Sebastian

Laying there the next morning I stared over at Silver who's hands was still tied. Poor, sweet baby took awhile to sleep. She tried her best attempts at encouraging me to sleep with her. Man, I wanted to more than anything but I wouldn't make our situation worse. When she perched up on her knees bending over begging me I almost said the hell with it. Not wanting her to wake up in ties I swiftly untied her hands. There's a good chance she won't recall anything that happened after the marriage ritual and I wasn't going to bring it up either, save her from the embarrassment she would be sure to suffer.

As I was staring at her lost in my thoughts her eye's peeked open. Giving a sleepy grin she whispered in a groggy voice. "Are we still alive? We wasn't made into kabobs was we?"

Laughing I said "We are very much alive kitten".

"Is it normal that I can't lift my head and I feel foggy?"

"We was given some strong stuff last night. We'll be on the new ship shortly and you can have some aspirin and rest".

Lifting her head a inch she wrinkled her nose. "What is that stinch?"

"That would be us. The oils mixed with sweat, dirt, and no telling what".

Silver bolted up wincing from her pounding head and looked at her arm. "Why didn't you warn me? Now I will have to carry this for life".

"I knew you would freak if I mentioned it. Besides now you have a cool skin tat".

Silver snorted. "What's the symbol mean?"

"It means you belong to me and I to you. It stakes our claim on the other".

We were both quiet for a bit I guess letting this semi marriage sink in. Yes, we both understood that we were only united as one in the tribes eye's only and once we left this island our vows didn't pertain to much. Then Silver tried to make a joke of it but the name she called me sent a unknown thrill through me. "Well then dear husband of mine, when can we leave? I would so love a bath".

Looking at her I could see myself married to someone like her. Shaking my thoughts away I grinned. "Soon my nag, very soon".

I rose and went to make our arrangements to set sail. Soon we was wishing our tribal friends farewell and on our way. I showed Silver to my new room and left her to shower. I used the men's shower room to wash myself. Afterward I went to check my stash room. The stash room is where I keep all of my stolen goodies, drugs, and weapons. I wanted to make sure everything was switched over properly from the old boat. As I was rummaging through some things I heard Silver's voice. Turning I saw one of my men escorting her in. "She was looking for you Captain"

Nodding my permission for her to enter I asked "did you need something?"

"Nope, not really. I wondered on deck and didn't see you so I just asked where you was and was led here".

She started walking around investigating all my treasures. "So here lies the pirates booty" she quirked.

"I guess so kitten".

I watched as she picked up random jewels marveling over them. I explained their history and worth. Then she came across a pure Silver broache. In the middle was a sapphire. "Oh wow. This is the most exquisite thing I've ever seen".

"Yes it is. It was made special for a lady in the sixteenth hundreds. Her name was Mary Beth Jameson of Colmar, France. She was but a farmer's daughter and all he had left at that. The entire family had succumbed to Scarlett fever. Anyways Mary Beth was said to be a beaut and the wealthiest Baron' s son took a fancy to her. Naturally the Baron wasn't happy about this because she was considered lowly, not a lady. That didn't stop his son from pursuing Mary. They fell deeply, madly in love and made plans to run off together but before they could Mary became pregnant. The gossips spread the word and hell broke loose. She was seen as a harlot and the farmer decided to move. Well really had no choice, the townspeople refused to buy from him due to Mary's unholiness and he couldn't survive. The Baron's son hearing of this ran to the docks in hopes of convincing Mary to stay but she was already on the boat. He yelled to her, begging her to jump off, to stay, to love him. Through her tears she was made to choose between the love of her life, her unborn's father or her own father. In the end she chose her father knowing she was all he had. As the boat pulled further away the son slung with all his might that broach, to be warn over the heart. Legend says that the son spent everyday by the shoreline waiting for Mary's return until he was found dead there. Some claim if you go just around dawn you can still catch a glimpse of him standing there".

I watched as Silver ran her thumb over the broach with so much emotion in her eye's. "That's so sad. It's, It's heart wrenching. It should be returned to the family" she said through a sob.

Snickering at her blubbering I said lowly. "It is with the family".

Her eye's darted to mine in confusion so I explained. "Mary Beth and the Baron's son would be my great, great, and a few more greats grandparents".

"But I thought you said you didn't know your parents?"

"Correct. I was a orphan but once I was older and had the funds I tracked them down. Both were deceased due to a house fire. No other family. After proving I was their son their belongings was released to me. That's where I found this along with the story and how my family was connected".

"Oh my, Sabastion I'm so sorry". She ran her hand along the broach again the placed it in mine. "You shouldn't have this down here. It should be in a security box safely".

Grinning I tucked it away as she spoke again. "I'm going to the kitchen for food". As she walked away I could tell my story had really played on her emotions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver had been with me six months now and she no longer tried to escape. We had become rather good friends of sorts. I still visited Leyla on occasion to satisfy my needs but all I wanted was Silver in every sense. I made stops at every major shore so she could surf, bought her things, supplied her with paints and such. Currently I had no room to hang any more paintings. Still it wasn't enough. Even when she laughed I could see the sadness in her eye's over missing her loved one's and home. We never spoke of it anymore but it was still there like the elephant in the room. Often I caught her looking out across the sea, her face pointed toward the state's with tears rolling down her cheek. In those moments I left her to herself.

Eventually it started eating at me and I knew just what I had to do. I want lie , when I offered her my proposition I had assumed she'd turn it down but when she said yes, rather quickly at that, I was both thrilled but also felt like she had cut me with a knife.