Always On The Run

Later that night I walked with him back to his docked boat. As we got ready to board it I stopped. Turning he arched his brows in question. "If I come on board how can I be sure you won't sail off with me?"

Sebastian extended his hand out to me. "Do you not trust me my kitten?"

"I want to Sebastian".

"Come then, you have my word that I won't take you away, unless you ask me to".

Oh that devilish Irish charm of his. I placed my hand in his larger one as he pulled me onto the boat. "A lady should always be able to trust her husband. If she can't trust her husband who can she trust?"

"Sebastian may I remind you that we aren't legally married. That tribal ritual was just that.... a ritual not of our world".

"Are you saying you don't want to be my wife kitten?"

"Once again Hook, we aren't technically married. Besides what kind of marriage would we have. Your away years at a time and I'm just here, waiting".

"You could join me".

"And live my life on the run, away from my home forever? Thanks but no thanks. If you truly loved me you would put your pirating day's behind you and stay"

"I can't do that. I'm not built for life on the land. I can't stay moble, I don't see how you land lubbers do it. So boring, lifeless, routine".

"Not if you love someone. When you love someone life is anything but that."

Sebastian getting irritated jerked my arm. "Don't doubt my love for you Silver. Love is what brought me back here even risking my neck staying." Pausing to run a frustrated hand through his hair he said "look, let's not waste our time arguing Silver, please".

He looked so sweet and vulnerable then that I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him down for a kiss. I was leaned against the rail, lip locked with him relishing every second when we was interrupted by a clearing of the throat. We both looked up to see Leyla standing there, anger evident on her face. Without a word she flung herself around and made a dramatic exit. Sebastian looked down at me with guilt in his eye's. He opened his mouth to speak but I held my hand up. "Don't. I don't even want to know. Judging by her display it's clear you  picked up where you two left off after I was gone."

"Silver you have nothing to worry about. Leyla just passes the time and I get my needs. With you everything's different".

Crossing my arms over my chest I strode inside the boat heading for his room. "So that's suppose to ease my mind Bastion? You waltz back into my life claiming we are married, you love me, yet you will set sail again and return when only God knows when and letting a whore entertain your bed?"

"It could be you kitten".

"Yes, it could be but you refuse to stay".

"And we are back there again are we? And do what Silver? Please tell me?"

"Live a normal life for one". I yelled getting worked up. Sebastian blew his breath out and mumbled. "Maybe this was a bad idea".

Rolling my eye's I walked back toward the deck prepared to leave. As I made my way out the door he grabbed my arm pulling me back. "No Silver don't go, please". He ran a nervous hand through his hair again.

"Look, let me be honest. I have no fucking clue what to do when it comes to all this love and relationship craziness. This is all new to me and I know it's not fair to you. I want you so bad but it's not that simple. I love the life I live too, you love your life as well. All I can offer you right now is random visits occasionally. I know that's a lot to ask but it's all I can give".

I shook my head. "No it's not fair. Your asking me to put my life on hold and wait for your rare visits until you decide if I'm worth leaving the sea behind".

"I know it sounds like I'm being selfish  Silver but I don't know if I can adapt to life on land. The sea is all I know. But it's not just me that's being selfish. You could come with me but you choose this land life".

My eye's were nearly closed from exhaustion so he said. "Let's get you to bed and we'll  discuss this later. I can promise that I will stay until your show kitten".

Nodding my head we crawled into bed where I snuggled into his arms and drifted off. The next morning we shared a breakfast of fresh fruit then I left for home to shower then get to my gallery. Sebastian would meet me there later after he tended to some business he had here. After noon my mom stopped by to bring me a lunch and check out my newest work. As we were both gazing at my underwater kiss painting I heard the bell on my door jingle. Fear raced up my spine as I knew who would be coming in and I wasn't prepared to make introduction's. Sebastian bounded around the corner carrying a beautiful boutique of flowers and wearing a sexy smile. Smiling back I accepted the flowers with a thank you and a peck on his cheek. My mom stood back taking this all in. "Oh I'm sorry. Mom this is..." I paused not knowing how to introduce him. Thankfully he spoke up. "I'm Sabastion Maverick".

My mom smiled as he took her hand and placed a kiss atop it. What a charming ass he could be and his Irish accent just added all the more allure to him. "Sabastion this is my mother".

My mom and Sabastion made polite conversation for a few moment's then my mom gathered her things to leave. As she picked up her purse her eye's stared hard at the man in my painting. She knew the man was the pirate I claimed that had abducted me. Slowly she glanced back at Sebastian taking him in. "Silver?" She mumbled. "I'm fine mom. I'll see you later okay?"

Nodding she slowly walked out not taking her eye's from Sabastion. "She knows" he stated.

"I'm afraid so".

"This can't be good Silver. I better go".

"No Sebastian.  She won't say anything until she's talked to me. Trust me".

"This worries me Silver".

Smiling I went to the door and locked it. "Look who's captured now Captain Hook". I said playfully. Sebastian smiled as we made our way to the back of my building. Hours later we dressed and went out to eat. We spent the next day tucked inside his boat making love, talking, and not wasting a moment. The night of my show arrived all too soon. I went home to quickly dress and I added the broache to my dress. People flooded into my gallery which excited me. The turn out was better than I hoped for. Finally through the crowd I spotted my pirate staring intently at me. Sabastion was decked out in a tux and looking scrumptious. He made his way to me with his sexy smile and his eye's never leaving mine. I was wearing a deep blue evening gown that really complimented the broache.  He fingered the broache and whispered "your the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I wish I could put into words how much you mean to me".

I pulled him off to the side for a private moment. Sliding my arms around his waist I held him tight as he whispered "I love you" in my ear before smothering me with his kiss. Eventually we were interrupted by one of my employees. "Excuse me Silver, but there's papers you need to sign for your sales".

I gave Sabastion a shy smile as he placed one last kiss to my lips and pushed me back out into the crowd. There was a look in his eye's that worried me but I pushed it aside. I was stopped by a few customers so it took several minutes before I was able to get to the paperwork. My jaw dropped when I saw that everyone of my paintings had been sold. Looking around I noticed they had already been taken away and instantly I knew he was gone. Without explaining I rushed from my shop, slid from my heels and took off running toward the docks. As I rounded the corner I saw that his boat had already pulled away from the deck. "No, no". I sobbed. "Sabastion" I yelled out his name and saw him standing on his boats deck. He blew me a kiss as I screamed out. "Don't go Bastion, please stay".

He sadly shook his head no and I watched as the darkness enveloped him. Soon after the lights of the boat faded into the night sky and that's when I lost it. Dropping to my knees I sobbed. I don't know how long I stayed there praying he changed his mind and I see his boat sail back up but when I finally rose the sun was coming over the horizon. Looking out at the red sunrise I whispered "my Sabastion please don't be gone long".