More Than You Can Chew

Sebastian

Wiping the sweat from my brow I returned to my office. That girl is hell on heels so to speak. I've never had a hostage that fought me so. If it continues I'll have no other choice but to make her disappear. She disrespects me and my men, has slashed one of my men's arm and it must stop. I can't have this disarray on my ship. I should have my men's heads for kidnapping her and bringing her onboard. As I was contemplating what to do Javer busted in the door and plopped down a folder in front of me. A look of excitement mixed with concern crossed his features. "We may have a problem here". He stuttered flipping the folder open exposing a photo of Silver with a surfboard.  I must admit she was stunning and I could easily see why any man would want her including myself.

"Well let's here it Javer?" I asked irritability more because of having dirty thoughts about Silver.

Jabbing his finger at the photo he rushed the words out. "She's a well known surfer and has won a few championships so therefore she has done a few photoshoots for surf magazines and is paid to wear their name. Not much money but enough to get her by. Avid and strong swimmer. She is a college student majoring in art. Next to surfing painting is her passion and hopes to one day open her own gallery. "

Pausing for a moment Javer showed me a few pictures of her paintings which were rather fantastic. Most were paintings of ocean scenes. Then he showed me a short video of her surfing and she was outstanding. Javer continued on. "Raised only by her mother, her father passed away when she was three, apparently killed while at war. Her mother never remarried and Silver is the only child. She works at a surf shop part time and her mother is a nurse. Her best friend is Tracy Collins and her boyfriend is Tyler Jones. They're apparently high school sweethearts. No known allergies or medical issues. However she is also known for her high temper and been in a few fights. Now here's the other part. The entire east coast of America is searching for her, the coast guard is even involved. Her mom, boyfriend and friends have been on the news stations and they believe foul play was involved, she was to good of a swimmer to have died at sea".

Stopping he flicked on my t.v. and found the first news station. I saw her mom pleading into the camera for her  little girls safe return as her friend cried. Her boyfriend stood idlely by almost in a daze. Then he spoke remorsefuly. "I don't know, I just woke the next morning and she was gone. No signs of anything. We had just gotten engaged the night before. Please if anyone knows anything come forward".

I snatched the t.v. off and took a deep breath. Yes, this girl would be missed which could be a danger for us. Javeer tossed me a small tie bag. "These items were confiscated from her when she arrived. Dumping the contents out onto my desk I sifted through them. Her engagement ring which wasn't of value, a few leather braided bracelets, and a silver chain with a solitary pearl hanging from it. Tucking the items away I said to Javer. "Tell the cooks that I will be having dinner in my private dining quarters tonight. Prepare the best and enough to feed two. Bring Silver to me at 6:30 and in the meantime have a bottled water sent to her. Doc mentioned something about dehydration"

Javer nodded and hurried out. My purpose for the private dinner was to try and talk to her and hope she opened up a bit. The more I knew the better I could access this situation and come up with other options for her. I would hate to kill such a beauty.

Silver

Twirling my empty bottle of water lost in thoughts I heard the door unlatch. "Get up. It's dinner time". Any other time I would've put up a fight but I was starving, not having ate since the night of my capture. Standing I was led upstairs to a more luxurious quarter. The door was opened and I saw a small room lit by candlelight. In the center of the room was a small table draped with a white clothe and silver trays along with fine china. "Take a seat" the man ordered. Sliding the chair out I sat and noticed there was no knives on the table and I was given plastic silverware.