Lost

Hope your loving the story!

Sabastion

The ship wasn't the same after Silver's  departure. My room was too quiet, too still. Even on the deck I half expected to see her standing by the rail gazing out. My man had given me her note and I had reread a thousand times. It listed her address, e-mail, and she wrote.

Sabastion,

                     This last week I spent with you was amazing and I will always carry you in my heart. I can only wish to see you again someday. I want to thank you for all the experiences you gave me that otherwise I'd never been able to do. If you ever float by this way please stop in and see a old but forever friend. I love you, my Hook.

                                        Silver

And I did, I missed that girl. Was going to see her an option? I know I shouldn't but my heart kept turning my head toward the Flordia coast. I figured I'd give it a few months and see where my mind was at then. If I still longed for her I'd give her a visit and see what happens, but all that changed. I retired to my lonely room and switched on the tube to break the silence. I had reinstalled the news channels since Silver was gone now, so you can imagine my surprise when I seen her face splashed across the screen. She lied was my first thought as they told a sordid tale of a pirate abduction but went on to explain that expert doctors believe she's suffering from a head injury. I wanted to be mad at her decitfulness but I couldn't. She captured me even through the television. Besides they didn't believe her story anyways so there was nothing to worry about, however it made going back to see her nearly impossible now.

After a few months Silver was still a deep part of my life and probably always would be. Eventually I seeped back into my old habits of sleeping with Leyla. I knew Leyla detested Silver simply because the affection I showered her with. Once before I sat Silver free Leyla had stopped me and tried to throw her sex on me but I refused her. Snarling she spat "It's because of her isn't it? Before she came everything was perfect on this ship, now it's all about her".

Leyla could be a villain when she felt like it and I had always known she was the jealous type. I always made my intentions clear to her though that the only thing we had together was just sex, there would never be more than that. The look she gave though set a red flag off in my head so I threatened her. "Stay away from Silver. If I hear you have so much as smiled at her you will be off this boat".

Stomping she quickly turned on her heel and sauntered off in rage. I would not risk Silver being hurt by that gypsy. Leyla was happy as a lark once she heard Silver was gone and it didn't take long for her advances to start again.  I will say though she just didn't satisfy me like my kitten did. I don't imagine any would could.

Silver

After a few months the news of my return settled down and was forgotten. I could actually rejoin the general population without being hounded by reporters, gawking stares,  and stupid questions. I returned to school, got a new job at the local aquarium and my free time was spent on the water always watching for him. As I paddled my surf board out I'd look to the horizon in hopes of seeing his boat. Occassionaly I would catch sight of a boat and my heart would skip a beat thinking it was him but it would turn away and I'd be crushed. Many times I'd walk the docks in hopes of spotting him and spend late nights on the beach staring out into the vast ocean wishing for my captain Hook.

Eventually two years had flew by and I'd lost all hope of seeing him. Yes, Sabastion crossed my mind on a regular basis but I knew I'd never see him again and I couldn't keep putting my life on hold waiting on a dream. I never mended my friendship with Tracy because it just didn't feel right. I didn't wish bad on her nor Tyler, it just simply wasn't the same after my return, nothing was. Due to surfing I did occasionally see them and we would make short, polite conversation but left it at that. However, I did receive a wedding invite from them recently and wasn't sure if I would attend. I wasn't bitter, it was just awkward. Truth be told, even if Stacy and Tyler hadn't started a relationship duiring my absence I would have broken it off anyways. I was after all in love with a pirate and couldn't imagine loving another.

Part of my moving on process I rejoined the surfing circuit and was smashing waves and records. Also I really invested in my painting more. I secured a loan from the bank and purchased a building to finally make my dream of opening a gallery come true. I'd had plenty time as of late to paint and I'd recreated a lot of the tropical scenes and things I'd experienced while with Sabastion. One painting captured the view of his home as you came off the path. I had two prints like this, one he was in standing against the pillar just as I saw him that day and the other just the view.

Another painting was that of the shore at his home with a beautiful view of the path with those amazing tropical flowers I fell in love with. Even now if I closed my eye's and concentrated I could recall their perfumey smell. I had a few different paintings of his ship. One duiring that insane storm we sailed  through and one of it idle with me sailing away on the dingy to my freedom. I had paintings of the tribe, our tribal wedding, all of it, but my showcase painting, the one that was up for sale, the one I had placed in the center of my gallery was one of him. I captured his beautiful form as he gazed off the boat watching me float away. My heart was in ever inch of that painting. My tears blended with the paint. I would never part with it.

My showcase night was closely approaching and my gallery was in top shape. I would also have a few local artists there showing their work as well. I'm sure it would bring locals in as well as tourists that craved sea art. My collection was rather rare. My paintings were done through the life of a pirate, the many different sights I seen portrayed on canvas. I also had a unique painting I was working on in hopes of finishing before my show. It was I and Sabastion sharing that tender underwater kiss. My gold hair spun around us like a cocoon as our eye's stared into each other's souls and our jaws puffed out with shared air. I stayed late into the night working on it trying to perfect it. In my mind it was priceless.

It was around 2 a.m. when I decided to call it a night. Putting my paints away and washing my brushes clean a trickle of fear ran up my spine as a reflection caught my eye in the window. Spinning around I saw nothing. Thinking my sleepiness was effecting my mind I grabbed my bag and started to lock up and that's when I heard it, beating of those long ago wild drums. I walked faster to the door but the drums along with running feet was quickly approaching me from behind. Nervously I fumbled with the locks on the door trying to get out but I could feel his warmth on my back, his scent flooding my senses. I became still and glanced into the glass of the door where my reflection met his standing behind me.