Oueen Of The Isle

Laid over Sabastion's still body crying wasn't getting me anywhere. I had to do something, and do it fast. Piecing my distraught nerves back together, I gently laid his head down and wiped the sweat from his brow. It wasn't difficult to see that he was in pain even while he slept. I made sure he was as comfortable as possible and trecked back into the jungle. I knew this was against his wishes but this was a life or death matter. Gathering the knife and a bag I had woven from vines and twigs I  started my journey. If my memory serves correctly I recall reading something about the neem fruit that grows wild on tropical islands. It says that the neem fruit posses healing properties. Right now that odd shaped, bright green fruit was my only hope and worth the walk deep into the forest. Sabastion and I had happened upon a few of their trees while exploring one day but it was quite a hike. On second thought I grabbed his gun just in case of dangers, even though I had the slightest clue on how to use it.

It took me a good two hour's to reach the trees and I filled my bag to the brim in hopes I wouldn't need to make this trip again anytime soon. On my way back I made a pit stop to gather the dead boars. Using my strength I managed to pull the mother boar onto the net with the baby boar. Grabbing the net I pulled these heavy animals back to the shelter. Each tug I gave, a grunt would be released from my chest. By the time I reached our campsite I was beyond exhausted. My arms felt like noodles, my back ached, and I had a few cuts along my feet, but I didn't stop. Checking on Sabastion first I then started water to boil and crushed up the fruit into it. I made it as mushy as possible so I could easily slide it down Sabastion's throat without choking him. Then I mixed some with a bit of coconut oil to make a paste to apply to his wound. Giving him the first dose of neem fruit wasn't to difficult. I placed his precious head onto my lap and used a carved wooden spoon like utensil to get some into his body. After I fed him I checked him over once again. His arm around the site of the bite was severely swollen and the bite had a angry coloration. His skin was sheen with a cold sweat and I had taken my tattered shirt off to wet it in order to sponge his body down. Obviously he was suffering from delirium because he would have bouts of mumbling in his sleep. Oddly everything he said came out in his native Gaelic dialect so I couldn't determine what he was saying. All I could do was offer comfort during those times by cooing sweet, encouraging words into his ear and holding him close.

Once I had him settled and resting peacefully I got to work on the boars. Never in my life had I gutted or skinned a animal but I had no choice. My stomach was to hungry to be weak at the sight of all the blood and innards. Within a few hour's I had boar boiling in a pot and one I had skewed over a pit. Checking on Sabastion once more I fed him a little more neen fruit and water then I walked to the water's edge on nimble legs. Dipping my body in the coolness of the waves felt refreshing and relaxed my tense muscles a bit.

It's going on three day's now and Sabastion still hasn't stirred. I've continuously fed him the fruit and water, even fed him some broth from the boar to hopefully strengthen him. I regularly treated his wound and sponged his body down. But something was different about this third day. The sweat wasn't as thick, he made no noises or movement's. He just laid still. At one point I had to check and make sure he was breathing. I didn't know if all this was a good sign or bad sign. Was he getting better or was this the calm before death I've heard many speak of. Deciding to take my mind off the current issues I went to the shore to try and trap some crabs and continue my daily chores. After a bit I turned to look at the shelter and to my amazement Sabastion was sitting up. Dropping the crabs I screamed and ran to him. "Bashton, Bashton" I cried as I fell to my knees in front of him. Raking my hands over his body to make sure everything was okay I said. "I'm so sorry Sabastion. If I hadn't went off into the forest and argued with you, you wouldn't have been bit". Tears streaked my face as I continued. "I was so scared you wouldn't make it and I'd be here all alone. I need you Sabastion."

Sabastion draped his weak arm over my shoulders and placed a kiss to my temple. "Thank you Peter Pan". That's all he said but it was more than enough. I shoved some neem fruit down his throat and explained my remedies that I used. By that evening he was up walking around. That night I slept like a baby for the first time in awhile.

The next morning I was woken by Sabastion gently shaking me. Lifting my sluggish head I was greeted by that delicious smile of his. "Good morning kitten. Time to get up or you'll miss the ceremony".

Giving him a worried look I bolted up and placed my palm to his forehead to check for fever. "Sabastion are you feeling well?"

"Like a million bucks" he grinned.

"What are you talking about? What ceremony?"

Sweeping his arm out before him I saw torches aligned in the sand in sort of a pathway. In the pathway laid fern leaves and tropical petals from flowers. At the end sat Sabastion's homemade drum. "What is this?" I questioned giving him a odd look. Tugging me up by my hand he wrapped a skirt made of fern leaves and vines around my waist. Taking a bow he spoke in his deep Irish accent. "Follow me my lady".

I followed him to the path he had made. Stopping at the entrance he commanded me to wait there. Sabastion went to the other end of the path and started pelting away on the drum. "Come on". He called out. Laughing I decided to entertain him as well as myself. I danced and twirled down the isle to his offbeat drumming as we both laughed. Finally I stood before him enjoying our game of imagination. Clearing his throat and ebbing his laughter he took a serious tone. "I, pirate of the island has acknowledged your quick wits, smarts, survival skill, and medics. This pirate announces you as queen of the isle. Now kneel before me".

Trying to hide my laughter I knew this was his way of apologizing for the words he said to me that eventful day and letting me know that I was a big help here. Sinking to my knees, Sabastion pulled a crown that he'd made from seashells and vines from around his back and placed it on my head. "I hereby declare you the queen of Neverland".

Both of us broke out in laughter as he swung me around. Finally coming to a dizzying stop we made complete eye contact. I can't recall how it happened or who moved in first but our lips found their way to each other. My head was spinning as Sabastion's tounge poked against my lips demanding entrance. Slowly I opened them a bit and that was all the invitation he needed. Tilting me back for deeper access he rained down a onslaught of passion on me. This kiss was deep, slow yet rough, sweet yet brutal, everything I needed in this moment. A moan escaped me and vibrated into his mouth as he suckled my tounge. When we finally broke away from the kiss my hands was still woven in his hair and we stared intently into each other's orbs. Both wondering what this meant to the other.