I'm Coming Home

Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever done. I wanted to stay yet I needed to go. I needed my mom, yet I loved Sabastion. It broke my heart  when he said I'd never see him again.
As the boat lowered the tears finally won the battle and spilled over. The further I was swept away from him the less I could hear the beating drums. Once on dock his man handed me a small pouch. "Captain wanted you to have this".

Taking the leather pouch I looked inside and gasped. He does love me. He loves me. I took off running to the water's edge trying to wave him down but his only response was to kiss his fingertips and wave his hand to me. "Stop, come back". I cried. "I'll go with you. Please come back".

But the boat kept getting smaller until it wasn't visable. Reaching inside the pouch I pulled the silver and sapphire broach out. Recalling the love this represented made me cry more. My pirate loved me, yet I'll never see him again. I lost the greatest love of my life. The love I had for Sabastion was like none other I had experienced. Not even that with Tyler. His man approached me. "We must get you on the plane. I have a flight to catch as well. I must meet back up with the crew at the next port".

"And where is that?" I inquired.

He grinned. "Oh no love, Sabastion gave me strict instructions to tell you nothing. You was good for him Miss".

Before I boarded the plane I handed him a note. "Please see that Sabastion gets this".

"Of course love".

The man handed me a wad of cash. "For your eats, cab fair and whatever you may need".

Nodding my head he disappeared, my only connection to Sabastion gone. Sadly I boarded the plane. Soon I landed in Florida and I took a cab to my house. As I arrived some of my sadness evaporated as thoughts of my mom came to mind. She was in for a shock. Opening the door everything was silent. Walking on in I called out "mom, mom".

She cautiously peeked around the corner and when she saw me she screamed and brought her hands to her mouth as she burst into tears and crouched to the floor. Crying myself I ran to her, kneeling down and wrapped my arms around her. "I thought you was gone forever, that I'd lost you". She wept.

We stayed like that for awhile and finally ventured into the kitchen where we sat down to some coffee as she battered me with questions and I explained. Through tears she stated. "I don't understand Silver, we searched and searched. All close by islands was on the lookout for you as well".

I knew I couldn't hide the truth from my mom so I begin my tale. "That night on the boat with Tyler, I was abducted by pirates".

She covered her mouth with her hand while giving me a worried look. "I know it sounds crazy mom but it happened".

"But Silver pirates don't exist. Honey have you had some type of accident? Maybe you fell and hit your head and drifted up to the Bahamas and temporarily lost your memory and that's what you think ocurred".

"No mom, it happend".

Patting my hand she soothed. "Okay honey, I believe you. Did these people harm you?"

Looking at her I could still tell she was skeptical and worried about my mental health. "No, I was treated good. The first several weeks was rough but I kept fighting to escape".

"Do they have names sweetie?"

I would never tell that. "Only code names. His name was Hook".

Sadness swelled inside me as I thought of him but I needed to reassure my mom. "Honestly it wasn't bad mom. I got to see exoctic places, surf major beaches and I painted alot".

Rising from her chair she said. "I need to contact the police and let them know you've been found".

Standing to I said panicky. "Mom could we please not tell them what I just told you. I'm not crazy, I know what happened to me and I'd like to forget it".

Nodding her head she placed the call. Moments later a police unit arrived and questioned me to no end. I stuck to the story Sabastion had given me. I fell off the boat, washed up, and had been disoriented for awhile. Before they left I saw my mom talking to one of the officers and they both looked at me. The officer walked over and crouched down to my sitting level. "Miss Walsh, I'm afraid I'm going to need to ask you to go to the hospital for a medical evaluation. Don't worry, this is all normal procedures in such situations".

I knew my mom had told due to her worried expression. "Fine". I said rising. Once at the hospital several tests were ran on me to check for any head trauma, but none could be,  found, and why would there be, I had no head injuries. My pirate story was true not a figment of my imagination due to some accident they believed I had. Before leaving they requested I start seeing a shrink in order to figure out my problem.

I wasn't mad at my mom, I understood she was concerned for my wellbeing, I just wanted it all to go away. Back home my mom got busy preparing my favorite home cooked meal and I decided to have her call Tyler. I figured it be easier for him getting the call from her instead of a ghost so to speak.

Before she could explain everything he hung up proclaiming he was on the way over. We decided not to tell the pirate story to anyone else but that was to much to ask for. As we waited for Tyler my face was splashed across the t.v.. The caption read

Woman claims to have been captured by pirates where she lived with them for six months. Doctor's claim she's suffering hallucinations due to head traumas".

Just freaking fantastic I thought snapping the set off. My mom gave me a sympathetic look as Tyler bounded in the door. Running over he grabbed onto as if I wasn't real. Squeezing me tight he apologized profusely for that night and was so happy I was okay. Then the door swung open again and in ran my best friend Tracy. It was pretty much the same sceniro. Hugs, tears, questions.

However I did notice something strange. Tyler was now setting closer to Tracy, seemed very attentive to her and finally the ice broke when my mom left the room. Tyler spoke first.

"I know the timing to tell you this right now is bad, but we feel the sooner you know the better. When we assumed you was gone forever our grief was so bad, we hurt and found comfort on one another. Silver, Tracy and I have been together for four months now and I love her".

I stared from one to the other and Tracy spoke up. "Silver we didn't mean for this to happen, it just did. I missed you so bad and being with Tyler made me feel closer to you. You know your my best friend and we thought you'd never be back. We all thought you was dead".

Honesty I didn't know what to feel. I discovered back at Sabastion' s home that what Tyler and I shared wasn't even comparable to what I had with Sabastion, but still I was hurt. Standing I asked them to leave.

"Look guy's I'm not in a good place emotionally right now and it's best if you both go. I need time to think about this".

They both left with sympathetic looks but I didn't care. Later that evening I wanted to step out for fresh air and was in for a shock. As I stepped out my door more than a dozen reporters graced my front yard. Lights flashed and microphones were shoved in my face. Putting my hand up to block them I heard many questions threw at me at once.

"Tell us about the pirates? Was you hurt? How many were there? Did they torture you? Do they have hidden treasure?"

Anger flared up inside me and I slammed the door shut. My mom hugged me and I simply said I 'll be in my room. Calling it a day I prayed tomorrow would be better. The only way I was able to sleep was thoughts of Sabastion, my pirate.