Loaded Mind

It's been a long time since I've seen my parents, and the last time I seen them, I was with Bruno, and my sister and Brandon. I hate to come back and speak with them in regards of my sister and their eldest daughters death.

"Hi" I say to them. Our relationship was so faded, I couldn't even come to call them mom and dad. "Hi, Genevieve, come on in." My mother invited me in. We walk into the main room where my father was watching a documentary on Animal wild life.

"How are you doing?" My mother asked. She tapped my father to have him turn the television off. "I've been fine. I mean with what's going on right now, it's unbelievable." I say. "You know, She called me the day before she died, telling me how she was planning on filing." My mother says. "Filing? For divorce?" I ask. "Yes. She was unhappy, she told me.

"Did she go into detail about that?" "No, she did not." "Well, I promise that I'll find whoever did this." "Why do you suddenly care, Eve? You never showed that much interest in her when she was alive." My father barked. "At the end of the day, she's my sister. She's my blood and my flesh. Even though we were not close, a part of me has died because she's not here. Don't question my emotions."  I say. "Don't question you? Who in the hell do you think you are?" My father stood up and yelled. "I. AM. YOUR. DAUGHTER!" I shouted. "As so I thought. I'm the only child you have left. And guess what, everytime I leave this house, I tell myself I'll never come back, but something keeps pulling me back. That ends today." I grab my purse. "Eve, you just got here, don't leave." My mother raced me to the door. "I got here fast, but I have to leave faster." "Genevieve! Stop!" Unknowingly, I followed her orders and took my hand off of the door knob. "I know an apology can't change anything, but babygirl, you're my only child living. I don't want to lose you." My mother held my hand. "You lost me a long time ago. And you're not getting me back, as a daughter." I grabbed the doorknob and left the house.

____________________________________

"He literally told me, Who do you think you are? I'm like, motherfucker, I'm your daughter!" Bruno laughed and asked, "Did you really call him a motherfucker?" I smirked, "No, but dammit, I wanted to. They piss me off so much." I stood in front of the dresser, watching myself take off my jewelry in the mirror. Bruno walked up behind me, and his soft touch made my stomach tight. With his index finger, and pulled my hair off of my shoulder. "Don't stress it, baby girl." He whispered. "You just do what's right, and I'll always be there."

Looking at us in the mirror, I bit my lip. "I knew being chief was hard, but damn, this is just so much." I complained. "Well yeah. You're just not used to it. And besides, you just got this position a few days ago. You're going to have a tough time, just be patient."

I turned around to face Bruno, and when I did, he pushed me against the dresser. "You always know how to relieve me." "Is that so?" He asked. "Does this relieve you" He slowly leaned forward to kiss me on my lips. I closed my eyes, and let his lips send chills up and down my spine. "I love you, baby." He caressed my head, knowing it was a weakness of mine, and started to kiss my neck. "Mmm, I love you more."

Bruno picked me up, and set me on to the dresser. He pulled my shirt up, without question, and kissed every bare skin he could get a hold of. "Baby..." I whisper. "Take me to another world." I look him in his eyes, and he knew what I was asking for.
____________________________________

I lay in bed, in the dark. The silence is killing me, but with Bruno's arm placed around me, he made me feel safe. Laying naked, I constantly thought, what if this was our last night together? Wyatt, calling and telling me that a hater will disguise as a lover. They're always around me. These were the things keeping me up at night.

I quietly and carefully slipped out of bed to not wake Bruno from his sleep. Once I got out of bed, I slipped on a robe and walked downstairs. With all this thinking, it made me quite thirsty so I grabbed a glass of cold water to refresh myself. I leaned against the counter, and eventually began to cry.

I felt this sense of guilt. If only me and my sister were closer, maybe....just maybe, I could've saved her. But who? Who in my life would take the initiative to take the life of my own flesh and blood?