Journals

I walk up to the front door and walked through with a cardboard box with all of the evidence taken from the scene. "Hey babe." Bruno said, as he was cooking burgers. "Hey." I struggled to say walking through the door. "Hey, let me get that for you." He said coming for the box. "No, no, no. Just the door." I wobbled my way to the table and set the box onto the table. "Wooo! That was heavy." I wiped whatever sweat came from my brows and said, "There's some journals that Either Brandon or Gen had, so I wanted to read them. Maybe it could give me an idea of what led to their deaths."
____________________________________

I sat on the couch in my shorts and big t-shirt, which was Brunos, since it had his scent on it, getting prepared to go through these journals. "Baby, you gotta eat something." Bruno handed me a plate with a burger on it. "Babe, I will, just not right now. I need to read these." Bruno took the journal out of my hand and sat on the other side of the couch. "I'll read out loud. You eat." He pointed at the plate.

I had to admit, I was hungry. I twisted my lip and sucked my teeth. "Fine. But be careful with it." I crossed my legs, and began to eat my burger. "Read it, come on." I said with a full mouth.

Bruno read

December 24, 2013

Brandon is getting out of hand. His drinking is getting worse and the behavior becomes more violent. I wish I had someone to talk to. I would go to my parents, but they wouldn't understand. I desperately wanted to go to my sister, Genevieve, but she hates everything about me. There were so many things I wanted to tell her, but I never had the courage. If only I were a better example to her. If only...I acted like her sister.

"Wow" Bruno said. "Skip, to the most recent one." I said, taking another bite of my food. Bruno flipped through the pages and he read:

Today was the worst day of my life. I came home from work, ready to be with my husband, just to find him cheating on me. The bed we shared was occupied with him and another person. I was heart broken. I wanted to kill him. But I didn't. He never knew I found out. I left. And now I sit in this motel on 6th street. Plotting if any of this was all worth it.

I put my plate down. "Is there anymore?" Bruno flipped through the pages. "No." I jumped out of my seat and said, "There's gotta be more! There has to be!" I snatched the book and ran through the pages. "Gen, just calm down." "I'M NOT GEN!" I dropped the book. Everyone called my sister Gen. I was always Eve.

I picked the book up where it was open to a page in the book and it had a lot of writing in it.

I live with guilt. Extreme guilt. A guilt that I will take to the grave. I knew my little sister, Genevieve was sexually assulted. Not a day goes by where I think 'What could I have done, to prevent it?' I was a terrible person, and now the one blood I have, hates me. I hate myself too. I wonder if she ever considers in calling me. I do everyday. But I know she wouldn't answer my calls, so I wouldn't bother. She was my better half. Even though she was younger than I, I looked up to her. I love her.

I sat there, tears falling onto the pages, soaking up everything. "If only we took the chance." I whispered to myself. "That dirty bastard!" Slammed the book closed. If he were still alive, I would kill him with my bare hands." Bruno embraced me in his arms, calming me down. "He killed my sister! My fucking sister, Bruno." Bruno caressed my head, and the humming of his voice vibrated onto my chest. "We don't know that for sure, Eve. I'm sorry. No one deserved this." He pushed me away and said, "Even though this is extremely difficult for you, I need you to be strong. For me, the baby....Genesis....yourself." "But what if I had just....picked up the phone and called her, or something. She'd probably still be alive. We could've built a relationship we never really had." I cried. "Things happen for a reason, Genevieve. Don't blame yourself for any of this. It's not your fault." He rubbed my back and comforted me.
____________________________________

After everything had been cleaned up, Bruno fell asleep, but with the thought of those journals were stuck in my head. I was hungry for more. What led to this? What caused all of this? I grabbed the journal, before opening it, I pressed it against my chest and said, "Give me answer, and I will give you justice." I inhaled and exhaled, and finally opened to a random page.

That bitch. She was in my house. I lost my mind, because it couldn't have been the first time she's been here before. She knew the place too well. Her silky, shiny hair, and cunning smile didn't phase me, hoping she could deteriorate the fact that she was the Devils wife. 'For what you've done, I could kill you' I thought of saying to her. Brandon wasn't home at the time, perhaps he didn't expect me to be home from work so early. She appears as the angel but her heart is cold and her intentions are wicked.

"Dammit Gen, what's her name? Give me her name!" I said to myself.

Her face can't be unseen, they make my eyes bleed. Murder runs through her veins and I'm scared that me and my husband may be her next victim. And if I do die, make sure you read this. Take your place, concentrate. Don't miss.

My heart raced. She had the intuition that she was going to die. I was shaking. I couldn't even hold the book anymore.