Lapierre

After a beautiful night with Bruno, announcing my pregnancy to him, and just falling asleep with him by my side, made me feel so good. But everything eventually has to come to an end. Today, I had to address, Veronica Lapierre about her alleged initiation on the fight between two other women in the restroom yesterday.

I physically walked to her podium and said, "Veronica, stop everything you're doing, and come to my office." I waited for her to pack up what she was doing, so she can follow me.

"Close my door" I say as I walked to my desk. "Have a seat" I scooted up to my desk and interlocked my fingers. "So, I heard that yesterday's fight was initiated by you. Care to explain?" "They'd been at each other's throats for a while now. I basically told them, if it gets physical, finish them." "But you don't give orders around here." I pointed to myself and said, "I do. So don't get ahead of yourself, Lapierre. You're still a trainee to me. If you want to progress, then you need to start acting like a leader and an adult, who's ready to work."

Veronica leaned forward to me, and said, "You don't intimidate me, Ms. Reynolds. To me, you're more of a joke than anything. Sleeping with a witness, that eventually got you fired? How professional. Don't act as if you're so innocent." I stood up, unallowing myself to hear Veronica rant on. "I'm sure you're just so sick, that you're happy that your brother in law and beloved sister are dead and are rotting."

I walked up to Veronica and slapped her across the face. I tucked my lips in, holding in every emotion I could. "You, will never, ever, speak on their behalf. Do you understand me?" Veronica held her cheek, from me slapping her. "You're fired." I practically said in a whisper.

With her hand on her cheek, she stormed out. I slammed my hand on the desk, letting out my frustration. I shouldn't have slapped her, since I am boss, but I can only take so much. I walked out of my office and told security, "I need you to make sure she doesn't come back onto the property for as long as I'm here." He nodded his head and left to go after her.

"Justin!" I called. He came out of his office and said, "Yes?" "Give me the evidence from the scene. The scene of Brandon and Genesis Longhorn." "Yes ma'am." I walked back to my office, unable to figure out what to do next. I needed to remain focused on this case. The day of the murder, it was said that a diary or journal was found. I needed to see what was in it. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't run away from this case, and with it being my first as chief, I was ashamed of how much I've slacked off. I guess because I didn't want to accept the fact that my own flesh and blood...is dead, and there was nothing I could do to bring her back.