New Day

"Good morning Eve." Bruno said to me as I walked downstairs. "What's all this?" Bruno had prepared breakfast for me, something he never really did on a normal occasion. "I made you breakfast. Go on and take a seat." He pulled out my chair and I took a seat. "What's the special occasion?" Bruno handed me a plate of food. "Nothing special, just want to make sure my babies are well nourished." Bruno rubbed my belly. "Sometimes I forget there's a human being inside of me." "Have you told anyone at work?" I shook my head. "No. And I don't plan to." "Eve, they're going to find out eventually. Besides, this is something you can't keep to yourself. But I won't force you to say anything. It's up to you. As long as your happy."

I began to play with my food. "I think the word happy is an understatement." I say. "How so?" "She knew she was going to die. Or at least she sensed it." "So what are you going to do about that?" "I want to kill the son of a bitch that took my sister." Bruno placed his hand on mine. "That's not an option, so scratch that off your list. Oh Eve, I really don't know what I can tell you, but giving up or killing anyone is never the option. You'll sense it. You'll feel it inside when you've found that monster that took your sister, and when that day comes, justice will be served."
____________________________________

"Ms. Reynolds, you have a caller on line one." My secretary said. "Thank you." I smiled. I took a seat and picked up the phone and answered, "This Chief Genevieve Reynolds, how can I help you." "Chief.....who would've thought?" A man with a raspy voice answered. "Who is this?" "Baby, don't act a fool, you're a little too smart for that." "....Charlie?" "Correct." His voice was sinister, disturbing to say the least. "What do you want?" "That's not how you address an old friend." "A friend? A friend that killed their own friend? How can I consider you anything, other than a monster?" "Faith had it coming. But that's not what this call is for." "Then what is it for?" I asked with a tense tone. "It's for a warning. You watch your back, Genevieve. You think everyone is looking after you, when they're all just against you. You're walking on eggshells, and you don't even notice." "This is ridiculous, I'm ending this phone call." "Before you go, let me ask you one thing." "What, Charles?" "How's your sister?" The phone line was cut.