Disappearance

*2 weeks later*

Bruno finally came home last week, but as of right now, I have to be his caregiver as he is still healing. Life has really been hard lately. Harder than before. Taking care of Bruno, trying to figure out this case, wondering why Justin hasn't been to work, the baby, and simply taking care of my well being all at the same time is so difficult.

"Here baby, take your pill. I have to head to work." I handed Bruno a pill and a glass of water. "Thanks." He said. "You sure you'll be okay here on your own?" "Eve." He laughed. "I'm a grown man. I'll be fine. Besides, I'll probably take a nap while you're gone." I nodded my head and said, "Okay, turn on the alarm and close the blinds and lock the doors." "Eve...." "Huh?" I say in a rush. "I'll be fine." "Okay." I kissed him goodbye and stepped out of the house and headed to work.

_

__________________________________

It's been a few hours since I've been here at work, and I was concerned, given the fact that Justin wasn't here. I needed to talk to him about the note that was given to me a few weeks back.

"Knock knock." Veronica knocked on my door. "Come in." "Hey, how are you doing? I know you've been going through some tough times lately." "I'm fine, Veronica. Just making it through the days." "I'm glad you are. Everything has been running pretty smooth here, which should give you a little relief." She smiled. "Yeah, it does."

"Look, Genevieve, I don't blame you for the things you've done to me. I've held a lot from you, and I want to be truthful of who I really am." "What have you been keeping from me?" I asked, leaning forward on my arms. "Well..."

My work phone rang and I put my finger up, signaling for Veronica to stop talking. "Chief Reynolds." I answered. "Yes, this Gordon, from the sheriffs department, and uh, we need fbi down here. We have a murder case."

"Give me the address." I say, grabbing a paper and pen. "Yeah, it's 3419 W. Pepper St." The man said. I was frozen. My heart pounding and my muscles shaking. "Okay." I say, and hang up.

"What is it chief?" Veronica asked. "There's been a murder...at Justin's house."