Losing It

I relieved my myself early today, given the fact that I was having stomach pains and was feeling extremely nauseous. I walked inside and said, "Bruno! I'm home." "I'm coming down right now! We have a guest, babe." "Oh..." I didn't notice a car outside, so I was pretty shocked. I saw Bruno walking down the staircase and a woman followed behind him. I smiled which faded once it landed on her.

"Hey, what are you doing home so early?" "I was feeling nauseous, so I needed to come home." I looked over Bruno's shoulder, to see Veronica Lapierre. "Oh, Eve, your collegue, Veronica, heard the news of you being pregnant, so she went out of her way, and bought a crib for the baby." He smiled. "Astounding.." "Come, I must show you." She said. Bruno grabbed my hand, and walked me upstairs. When we entered the room, a crib was set in the corner of the room. "It has wheels, so you can always move it around when needed. I got it for a great price, and it has great quality." "Well I appreciate you buying this for us, Veronica, but I think you should be heading back to work." I put my hand on her back, walking her down the stairs. I was so tempted to push her down the stairs but I had to watch myself. "Remember, you put me on a no paid leave. "Consider it revoked. Have a nice day, Veronica." I opened the door, "I'll see you soon at work, Chief." "So you may." I closed the door on her, ready to explode.

Bruno came down stairs and said, "That was rude, you know, how you just tossed her out." Bruno opened up a cold bottle of water and started sipping on it. "How long was she here?" I asked, shivering with anger. "About an hour or two." He shrugged his shoulders. "Have you lost your fucking mind? I told you this morning, I didn't tell anyone I was pregnant. And suddenly she comes here, with a crib." I pursed my lips. "If I'm going to carry this baby, it's not sleeping in that fucking crib when it gets here, do you understand me?" "You don't need to talk to me like a child, Genevieve. The fact that she came out and gave us something for our baby, is saying a lot." "You letting some bitch in this house, when you didn't know who she was, says a lot, Bruno." "Yo-You think I was going to sleep with her?" "I don't give a shit if you put it inside her, or if you gave her a fucking cup of water, she had no right being here, Bruno. You don't know a damn thing about her." "I wasn't going to throw out my back nor let her do it herself, so I helped her, Eve, damn." "Bruno I am your wi-" I paused. "I am your girlfriend who is carrying your child. Be a little more open minded about that." "Why are you so upset about this, Eve? Like what's your deal with her?" "I don't trust her. She seems too suspicious to me." "That's all, you had to say, instead of making all of this such a big fuss." "You know what...if I catch her in this house again, I'm kicking both your asses. Don't let me catch her in here." "I love it when you threaten me like that." Bruno smirked. "Fuck you." I shouted. "I'd love for you to do that to me too." He laughed.

I walked away and he followed me. "Baby, you need to relax. Okay? I didn't know she bothered you that deeply. I'm sorry." He rubbed my arms but I pulled myself away from him. "You're mad at me....aren't you." I leaned over the dresser. "I'm piecing this all together. You ever think, Damn, how did she find out where I live? Bruno, no one in that department knows your address except me, Justin, and Spencer, who's now dead. She's brand new, how could she possibly know this? You letting her inside, put you and I and this baby, at risk." "At risk? How are we at risk?" "I have this deep feeling...that she killed my sister."