Final

As I prayed to God, telling him I was coming home, a gun was fired.  Everything was black, but still felt the same. I opened one eye, then both. Damian, still straddled on my chest, had blood all on his shirt. He had been shot.

One more shot had been made, which knocked him over. Blood splattered all on my face, I wiped it off and sat up. I looked straight forward to see Veronica with her gun aligned. "Veronica..." I said, out of shock. "He killed your sister, he killed my fiancé, I got my revenge, you have your peace." 

I could cry right now. The woman I thought was my enemy, turned out to be my hero. "Thank you." I held my tears. "Boss." One of the other men called. "We found Justin." The look on their face, was awful. I stood up and followed them to find Justin. In a closet, Justin was slumped over, cut to the throat, dead and dried out." I covered my mouth, with agony in my entire body. "I'm so sorry, Justin. I'm so sorry." I sobbed. I owed everything to Justin, but now he's gone, and it was too late to bring him back. He only wanted happiness.

The city police pulled up with their sirens, and all I could think Why weren't they here before?

Television stations filled up the street and none of us were allowed to leave. We as FBI agents, were the ones being questioned. Never in my life, would I think I had to be in this position. I almost died today, but Justin died. He died for me. I knew in my heart, that Justin knew all along, but did the most to keep him quiet. Why didn't he arrest him? Justin was in love. He was blinded. Blinded by a criminal.

Hours had passed on, maybe about four hours, until I heard someone calling my name. I wasn't fully aware, maybe I was going crazy. "My wife is in there! My wife is inside, is she okay? Let me in!" As officers were questioning, I blocked them out and walked toward the screaming man. That screaming man, was Bruno.

"Bruno?" I called with teary eyes. I ran outside and ran to him. "Baby, I'm so sorry, I didn't call you." I cried. "Shut up, Genevieve." He held my face. "You're alive." His eyes were like waterfalls. "That's what I'm thankful for!" He kissed me, all over my face.

"You called me your wife, just then." I awkwardly said. "Yeah. I guess I did." He said. "Because it's been on my mind a lot lately, and I've been thinking..."
____________________________________

*One year later*

Law and Justice Formal Banquet

"Good evening, my name is Chief Genevieve Reynolds and I am here to represent the Federal Bureau of Investigation, here in Los Angeles. The last time we gathered together I was beginning the most difficult case I have been apart of, let alone had to lead. I am proud to say that my team and I have closed that case, but I couldn't have done it alone. In the beginning of the investigation, my rivals became my friend, and my friend became my rival. I want to thank Veronica Lapierre, for saving my life, when I was at gun point. I owe you my life. I know my sister was watching over me throughout this whole process. She was my guardian angel. Even though he is no longer with us anymore, I would like to recognize the memory of my friend, Justin Richards. He was a great man and colleague and he will be missed and will hold a special place in my heart. Finally, throughout all this mess, my husband Bruno stood by my side. He took a few punches for me, and I couldn't be a prouder wife. However, there is one person, that I give all my thanks, love and absolute happiness to, is my daughter Ysabella. To my princess, you are my heart and you are my soul. And to my team, you are all wonderful, and we will continue to close cases and serve justice to our citizens. Thank you." The entire audience stood to their feet. I held back tears, but some found their way to fall.

I walked down the stage and made my way back to Bruno and Ysabella. "Mommy did good, didn't she?" Less than six months, Ysabella smiled at me. "I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished, Eve." "Thank you baby." I kissed him. "Are you ready to live an Ordinary Life?" He asked. "As long as it's with you and Ysabella, I'm ready for anything."

The End

____________________________________

A/N:

Thank you everyone so much for sticking with me through this book. This book was so much harder for me to write, but with the success from the first book, you all gave me motivation for this one. I appreciate everyone of you. Thank you for voting and commenting, and I hope you all enjoyed it. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to direct message me, post on my board, or simply comment here.

I am currently writing two stories (Not Bruno Mars Fanfiction) and I hope (if published) you will all enjoy them 🙂. Once again, thank you guys for your support. See you soon❤