Hospital

I laid in a bed surrounded by white walls and beeping noises around me. I knew I was in a hospital, but I wasn't hooked up to anything. I was still in my dress from the banquet, but I was all alone. My head, was pounding horrifically. "Bruno." I whispered. There was a curtain beside me, and I pulled it.

In his navy blue suit, Bruno was sitting on the edge of the bed, with an ice pack to the front corner of his head. "Eve..." he climbed out the bed and began to limp over to me. "I'm so....I'm so...sorry." Bruno cried. "The brakes should've never failed, it's all my fault we're in this shit. I fucked up." "No...." I whispered. "You saved me." "What?" He sounded out of breath. "You turned the car. You put your life on the line...for me." "You'll do anything for the ones you love."

"Mr. Hernandez" a woman called. "I'm over here." He said. "Ahh there you are." The nurse smiled. "I'm glad you're awake Ms. Reynolds." My eyes danced, as I was trying to figure out how long I was here. "Are you experiencing any dizziness or numbness?" "No, just a really bad headache." "Okay, that's perfectly normal, and we will prescribe you to some medication to ease the pain and will not affect the baby." "The baby is okay?" I asked, looking at Bruno. "Yes. I asked them to check." Bruno said. I grabbed his hand and thanked him. The nurse wrote down some more things on her clipboard and finally said, "Okay, I will be back very soon with your prescriptions." Bruno thanked her and it was only us in the room.

"I still don't understand how the brakes failed. They were working when get got there, why did it stop when we were leaving?" I sat there and thought what could have happened between the time we left the car and came back that caused a difference. "I think someone tampered with it." I said. "But who?" Bruno asked. "I don't know, but whoever it was, was trying to kill us."

Bruno pulled me closer to him. I could hear his heart beat racing. "Well they failed." "I bet the ones who tampered with the brakes, had something to do with Genesis' death." "We're going to figure out who was behind this. I promise you." Bruno said. "Bruno, I don't want you to get involved. You have a career you have to worry about. This is something I have to deal with." "I have to get involved. Not only did they try to kill me, but they tried to kill you and my baby. I have every right to fight to know who was behind this."

"I just wonder how we're going to get the car fixed." I said to myself. "You know, your coworkers boyfriend or whatever actually works at an autoshop. He gave me his card." Bruno began to pat himself, looking for the card. "...and I left it in the car. Great!" He threw his hands up. "Don't worry. I'll call Justin and get the information."

Bruno laid down next to me on this narrow bed. "I can't believe this happened. I can't believe we're here right now." He said. I ran my fingers through his hair and said, "Yeah. Hard to believe." But in my mind, someone wanted us to be here. They wanted us dead. They wanted us to disappear.