The Killer

With Veronica in the car with me and two other agents, followed me to Justin's house. However when we arrived, no one was here. Before I got out of the car, I called Justin's phone.

"Hello, Genevieve?" It wasn't Justin who answered, but it was his boyfriend, Damian. "Hey, Damian, is Justin there? Is he okay?" I asked. "No, he's hurt really bad, he tried to kill himself and he's not breathing. His pulse stops and comes back. I need help!" He panicked. "Okay, I'm right outside, I'm coming in."

I hung up the phone and ran to the door. I turned the knob and entered. The house appeared empty, but the tension was high. "Damian?" I called. Damian ran from the back with blood on his hands, "Oh my God, Genevieve, I'm so happy you're here." He was crying and panicking all at the same time. "Where is Justin?" I asked. "He's in the back room. Straight down." He said. I made sure that me and my team stuck close together, as we moved to the back.

I walked into the back room, and no body was found. "Damian, there is no body in here." Then there was gunfire. Everyone fell to the ground, except me. I am not fearing for my life anymore. Deep down I knew this was a trap, but I couldn't admit that. I put all these people at risk.

"You all stay in here." I said. "Chief, you'll be killed. What about the baby. What about you?" Veronica said. "This is the job I wanted. My guardian angels will protect me. I can't let anyone else get hurt because of me. Not anymore. Stay down. That's an order." I said to her and the others.

I walked out of the room and closed the door. "Damian!" I shouted. Another gunshot went off, causing me to fall to the ground. I leveled my breathing. "What is it you want?" I asked. "I wanted closure." He finally replied. "But with cops and you FBI people all on my ass, I have to get you all one by one." He said. He fired another shot at me.

"You killed Brandon because you were heart broken. You were mad because he left you to be with his wife." I said. "So why are you targeting me?" I asked. "Because I see him through you."

This rage had overpowered him. I felt sorry for him, but then again I didn't. He murdered my sister. My only sister. I walked down the hall and said, "I'm sorry you feel that way, but maybe we can talk about this."

"Talking is over." I turned around where Damian was standing right in front of me. He pistol whipped me in the head, sending me to the ground. I fell on my side and Damian straddled me, pinning me to the ground. I kicked and screamed but I could not move at this point. I was done for.

He put his gun on the center of my forehead. "Tell Genesis hi for me." He said. He cocked back his gun, and I watched his finger slowly pull back on the trigger.