Back Home

I wait outside my car at terminal three, waiting for Bruno to come. I felt excited but on the other hand, nervous. I constantly checked my phone to see if he text back. He didn't. I checked for any missed calls. Nothing. My palms were sweaty as if I were going to meet him for the first time. I continue to look, until I see him in the distance. On my tip toes, I waved so I could catch his attention. He smiled and added speed to his step.

When he came outside, he dropped his bags and embraced me. Oh his skin on my skin, the smell of his cologne always made my nose tingle. The touch of his fingers running across my back gave me butterflies. "Oh, I've missed you so much!" I kissed him. "I've missed you more, baby." "How was your flight?" "A little bumpy, but smooth most of the way."Bruno explained. "Well, do you want to change, and go get some dinner? Maybe at Yanni's Seafood Paradise?" I asked. "Id love that. As long as it's with you."
____________________________________

We drove home, cleaned up, and got prepared to go out for dinner. It was a fancy restaurant, so dressing up was required. I loved getting fancy, especially around Bruno. I felt like his queen. His goddess. "Baby, we don't have to go all out for dinner, a burger wouldn't kill me." He chuckled. "No, I want to spoil you for a moment, so let me do it."

I put my earrings on and Bruno stood behind, like he always did, and wrapped his arms around me. Sometimes he wouldn't say anything, just look at me, like he was doing now. "I missed you so much, and I have so much to tell you." I said "I do too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then when I pelvic thrusted, poor girl in the front row passed out. I tried not to laugh, but it was so funny." Bruno laughed. I laughed with him, "Many girls swoon over you." I rested my chin on the palm of my hand. "Even me. Every time I'm with you." I said here at the dinner table. "So how's work been treating you? Everything running smooth?" "I try to keep it running smooth, but of course, some people like to add some bumps here and there. But you know, the other day, I was feeling awful and I had to call the ambulance." Brunos eyes grew large. "Why didn't you call me?" "Because I didn't want you to worry, while you were working. Besides, I was just dehydrated." Bruno took a sigh of relief. "Well thank God, that was all." "But there's something else." "What?" His brows curled with curiosity.

I went into my purse and handed him a small piece of paper. "What's this?" "Just read it." I said. "I don't know if I want to." He said. "You're eventually going to have to know, Bruno." "Just tell me, I want to hear it come from your lips." I took a deep breath, and I looked him in his brown eyes. "Bruno, I'm pregnant." Bruno froze. "You're...what?" He asked. "I'm pregnant." I grabbed the napkin and dabbed it under my eye, to avoid tears falling down my face. Brunos smile grew so large, it had to have hurt his cheeks. "Oh my God. I can't believe this!" He said. He came over to me and kissed me. "This is so exciting. How far did they say you were." "10 weeks." I said. "Baby, this...this is epic. I'm going to be a Papa. We're going to be a family!"