Stress

It had already been a day since Bruno left for Europe. The aching feeling I get in my chest knowing he isn't here, is awful. This stress was making me feel sick. Nauseous and lightheaded. Sometimes headaches would occur every other hour. It was only 10 in the morning and I was on my second cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Genevieve." Justin approached me in the break room. "Hi." I say. "You okay?" "I'm making it." I gave off a fake laugh. "Bruno's in Europe for a show. He's going to be gone for about 5 days to a week." "You've gone all your life without a man, I'm sure you can handle a week without Bruno." Justin said. I poured the coffee into my cup as I said, "When the love is fresh and deep, you can't spend a second without them." I smiled. "You're right. Excuse me." He put his hands up and laughed. "Let me go check on those delinquents out there, before they destroy the damn place." Justin said. He patted my back and said, "Just take it easy, but don't get distracted." "I won't. Thanks."

Justin exited the break room, but the door never closed. "Good morning Chief." A woman greeted. I turned my head to see Veronica Lapierre. "Good morning Veronica. How are you?" I asked. "I'm great." She grinned. "You?" "I'm good." "May I?" She asked in reference to the coffee pot. "Sure go ahead." She grabbed the pot and asked, "How's Bruno?" She asked. My head quickly turned to her. I tried as hard as I could to keep my relationship on the down low. "Bruno?" I tried to act dumb. "Yeah. He's your boyfriend, isn't he? Or did you two break up?" I didn't know what to say. I've never met this woman in my life. "Did he move in with you? I heard you have a big house." I tilted my head. "How do you know so much?"

She giggled, "I think someone is calling me, I have to go." She tried to leave. "Stop! Get back over here and answer the question, or you're fired." I raised my voice. She followed as commanded. "A little birdy told me. I also heard you're very intimate with him. Are you going to get married and have children?" She flooded me with questions all with a smile on her face.

I felt this sense of protection over him and our relationship. "He and our relationship is none of your concern, do you understand me?" I said. "Now answer my question. How do you know this information?" "I already told you. A little birdy told me." "Are you going to act like a two year old girl and play around? Or do you want to be grown and have a job? Answer the goddamn question." I said with force in my voice.

"Brandon. Brandon Longhorn. He told me. I'm sure you know him." Her smile faded and she stormed out of the room. I knew from this moment she was either a threat to me, or she was a necessity to the case.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Brunos number. I pressed the phone to my ear and tapped to keep my impatient self, calm. "Hello?" Brunos voice was raspy, as if he just woke up. "Hey baby. Did I wake you?" "I was taking a quick nap before I leave the hotel to go off and perform, but I wouldn't pass up your calls." He said. "How are you? Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm good. Just missing you. And I'm okay, but I had a question for you." "What is it?" Before I went on and asked my question I made sure no one was ease dropping on my phone call. When everything was clear, I asked, "Do you know a woman named Veronica Lapierre?" There was a short pause. "No, I've never heard of the name. I don't know anyone with the name Veronica." He said. "Why? Is everything at the job okay?" He asked. I wanted to tell him. But I didn't want him to worry his entire time in Europe about me or my job. "Yeah. Everything is running smoothly. I just wanted to know." I smiled even though he couldn't see me. "Well, I'll let you continue with your nap. Do well, my love." "I will. I love you, Genevieve. So much." I didn't want to be emotional, so I whispered, "I love you to Mars and back. Bye." "Bye." He hung up.

I needed to get information out of her, but not appear as a beggar. She obviously knows something I don't, but I'm eager to find out what it is.