Autoshop

The next day, Bruno and I called Justin's alleged boyfriend, to help us repair Brunos car. He seemed like a nice guy and even though I was angry with Justin, he didn't let that interfere with anything. He was such a kind man, and he treated Bruno and I well.

"Hey Damian!" Bruno clasped hands with him. "Hey Bruno, hello Genevieve! How's the baby doing?" He asked. "He or she is healthy and unharmed, thankfully." Bruno said. "That's great! Well I'm glad you guys could come. Come, I'll show you what caused the malfunction." He led Bruno and I to the back to see the car. "Okay, so the cause of the brake failure was because there was water in the brake fluid. When the engine heats up, that will cause the water to evaporate. On the other hand, brake fluid doesn't evaporate."

Bruno didn't seem to understand. "That's weird, because, growing up, my pops always told me, to have a stash of some brake fluid and I refilled it that day, because it was squeaking. I thought it needed more." I looked at Damian, who appeared confused. "Was this your first time changing it." "Nope." "Hmmm, I'll look more into it. Maybe there was something else. Possibly a screw came loose, but something was obviously tampered. I'll make sure to let you know as soon as I find out." Damian said. "Did you have any other questions for me?" "I have one. But it's not related to the car." Damian laughed and said, "Okay." "What do you know about Veronica Lapierre?" "Oh, she's a good friend of mine. We actually grew up together, but she moved away to college and we just lost touch until a few months ago." I nodded my head and asked, "At the banquet, you told her, "Sorry for your loss." What happened?" "Oh she told me how her boyfriend was killed. So I was just sending my condolences." "What was her boyfriends name?" "I'm not sure." I gritted my teeth. "Why, what's going on?" Damian asked. "Oh nothing. Just a curious girl. Thank you for everything, Damian, we'll stay in touch."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I came out of the shower and Bruno was laying in bed watching television. "Baby come lay with me." He requested. "Give me a moment." I said. I put on my bra and underwear and put my hair into a ponytail. I crawled in bed next to Bruno and asked, "How's your ankle?" "It hurts, but it'll be okay." He said. "Okay." I laid my hands on my stomach and Bruno looked over. "Maybe I'm tripping or something, but I feel like your belly is getting bigger already." "I think you're just excited." I said with a laugh. "Bruno, I want to say I'm sorry." I curled into his arm and laid my head on his chest, looking him in his eyes. "For?" He began to twist his fingers through my hair while rubbing my belly. "For everything. For getting physical with that..." I bit my tongue. "...girl, and just not being straight up with you. I hate it when we argue, but I just want the best for us. I have to protect all of us." "You don't have to do it alone, Eve. We're going to be okay. Whoever this person is, is trying to scare us, and with the crash, they did scare us, but we're stronger than them. They can't tear us apart." "This case is so much harder than the one before. Whoever this person is, knew I was going to be in this position, so maybe they're putting me up to the challenge." "You're going to seal this case quick. I see it already. You have to have hope, Eve. That's why it's your middle name, so you won't forget." I laughed and kissed him. Bruno gripped my waist, keeping me closer to him. He kissed my neck, sending tingling shivers down my spine. "I'll protect you for the night." He whispered in my ear.

When kissing my neck, I noticed a stream of flashing lights. "Bruno..Bruno, do you see that?" He was so into what he was doing he said, "I don't care about that, just let me love you." The streams of lights continued to flash. "Stop. Get off of me." I jumped out of bed and looked out of the window, trying to cover myself as much as possible, but the flashes stopped. "Ugh, if you're going to be paranoid about every little thing, I'm going to bed." Bruno grunted. "This doesn't feel right." I said to myself.