News

Everything seemed to be fine. I came home, to Bruno's house, after work. I kicked off my shoes, and hung my jacket up. I felt comfortable in this house, with him. More than anything, I felt safe.

Bruno walked out and greeted me, "Hey, how was work?" He kissed my cheek when I responded, "It was...Okay. I saw her body today...with my parents." "Mmm how did that go?" He asked. "Mom cried, dad comforted her. Didn't last that long, but it sure felt like it took forever." I said. "Seeing her the way she was...the wounds on her body. Someone killed her out of spite. Like...someone planned to take her out. But the overall question...who?" Bruno rubbed my back. "That's what we all want to know. That's always going to be the question." He said. "Yeah. I just need a bath, and some sleep. I'm exhausted." "Uhhh the bath is clogged. So is the shower." Use the guest bathroom." He led me that way. "I'll bring you a towel. Just go ahead and draw your bath, babe." "Bruno...are you okay?" "Yeah...everything is fine." He laughed. "Okay." He seemed unsure, but I didn't let it really bother me.

I closed the door, and started running the water. I undressed myself and while doing so, Bruno knocked on the door. "Come in." I say. "Here's your towel." He smiled. "Enjoy. Take your time." "I will." I whispered. Before stepping in, I realized that there was no soap lying around. I didn't want Bruno to run around getting things for me, so I took into my own hands to fetch me a bar of soap myself.

I stopped the water from running and wrapped the towel around my body, so I wasn't walking around the house completely nude. I walked to the back room, where Bruno and I usually slept together and heard a zipping noise. "Babe, do you have-" I noticed Bruno was packing, as if he were going away. I chuckled, more of confusion and disbelief than actual humor. "What's that for?" I pointed. Bruno put his head down and said, "I have to go Europe, for a performance and interview." He walked over to me. "Well...how long are you going to be gone?" I held the towel close to me. "Maybe five days. Management is pushing for a week, but, I don't know." "When we're you going to tell me this?" I usually have more time to break it, but this was a last minute call." I put my head down and finally asked. "When do you leave?" "Tomorrow night." I took a deep breath. I couldn't believe this right now.

"Time always tends to go fast. I'll be back sooner than you think." He held my hands and I said, "I'd be selfish to tell you not to go." I wiped my nose, "But, I know this is your career. This is your life. So I know I would have to let you go."

Bruno snapped. He had an idea. "How about you call off work tomorrow, and we can spend the whole day together, before I go." "Bruno, as much as I would be in favor for that, I just can't. I can't let this case slip under my fingertips. Not like the last one." I said. "Everyone, has their eyes on me. And because I skip the day, to be with my boyfriend, doesn't look very well." "Who cares what they think? Tabloids are full of shit anyways." "But those Tabloids can cost me my job. And guess what will be the next headline? Bruno Mars dates jobless woman. I'm not in for that, babe. I'm not." Bruno pursed his lips, "I understand. If that's what you want to do. Then that's what will be done."

"I wish we had more time together." I tried to smile but it was hard. "I wish we did too. But we'll be back together sooner than you think." Bruno kissed my forehead and patted me on the butt. "Go on. Take your bath. Relax. I have to finish packing." "Okay."