Chapter 4

A/N: This chapter will start from when Newt met (Y/N) for the first time. We'll have a throwback on that starting now.

Listen, I had no idea that Sonya was Newt's sister while I was writing this and a lot of fanfics made Sonya and Newt a couple a few years back before anyone knew that they're siblings.

Still in flashback...

He remembered that it was the day that blood was going to be taken from him for the week. He was inside the room, waiting for the doctor who'll take his blood. He was expecting his same old doctor who has the frown on his face and is just so serious. He was shocked when he saw a young girl with a smile on her face. Newt has never seen a worker in WICKED with a genuine smile on their face, they were always so serious.

"Hi my name is (Y/N) Paige and I'll be the one taking your blood for today," she perkily said. She took a chair and the materials she needed. She took his arm and searched for a vein. "So what's the name that you've been given?" She asked.

Newt has never really talked with his doctors because they never talked to him. They just do their job and leave.

"They call me Newt. After Isaac Newton," he replied.

"Oh, that's a cool name. Ok I'll take your blood now," Newt nodded and she gently pushed the needle inside Newt's skin and took some of his blood. "Ok we are done. Thanks for blood Newt." This was the first time that one of the WICKED workers called him Newt. They usually call him Subject A5.

"When can I see you again?" He asked.

"I can visit your room sometimes," she replied. "Is that ok with you?"

"Yeah. It is," Newt replied with a smile.

-

When Newt left the room, (Y/N) let out a squeal that she was trying so hard to hide. It was the first time she and Newt have interacted in years. The door opened and instead of a subject, it was Teresa who came with a smile on her face.

"I saw you!" She squealed. "How can you be so calm through all of that?"

"I don't know. I have no idea. I don't know how I can be so calm around him. I always thought that I'll be a bumbling mess." (Y/N) smiled. She did t know why but she felt so clam around him. As if she was able to talk to him before.

"I also thought that," Teresa admitted.

The door opened that a girl came inside. (Y/N) knew who it was, it was Sonya, Newt's partner. Teresa silently slipped away from the room while Sonya sat on the chair. (Y/N) talked to Sonya the way she talked with Newt. She didn't want to create an enemy even though she's like a superior here and anyone who would harm her would have to face her mom.

"Alright, you're all done," she said giving Sonya a smile.

Sonya was about to leave but she faced (Y/N) with an expression on her face that she couldn't read. "I know who you are."

"Alright?" (Y/N) said, not sure where this was going.

"You are (Y/N) Paige, the girl who's had this crush on Newt for who knows how long."

"How'd you know?"

Sonya scoffed. "Anybody with eyes saw that you like him. Newt was just too oblivious to see it."

(Y/N) cleared her throat. "So what are you trying to say Sonya? I can't stop my feelings for him."

"I'm just saying, you should stay away from him."