Chapter 29

(Y/N) was gently placing the IV tube on Newt's hand. Newt didn't flinch when the needle pierced his skin and now, (Y/N)'s blood was dangling on the top of the Berg, slowly getting inside Newt's body. As (Y/N) was occupied on Newt, everyone was discussing their current plan on going to Denver. Mostly the topic that was discussed was how they'll get to Denver.

"Easy," Jorge chimed in. "If you're immune, you're in. We're just going to change your last names."

"I don't even remember my last name," Thomas joked, of which only Brenda and (Y/N) smiled at.

"Good. We're all immune and Newt's healing. We could all get in Denver and the four of us will get the chips off our head," Minho clapped his hands.

Hearing that, both (Y/N) and Jack shared a look. A look that didn't go unnoticed by everyone. Everyone looked at the with a look of confusion.

"What's the problem?" Thomas asked, his eyes darting between (Y/N) and Jack.

"I'm not sure that I can go inside Denver," (Y/N) told them.

"Why not?" Newt asked for everyone.

"I'm not stable," she explained. "Normal human food doesn't satisfy me anymore. I might be the Cure but I'm not even sure I can go inside the city with the Crank's blood inside of me."

"But what about me?" Newt asked.

"As long as you're Cured, there's nothing that will stop you from going inside," she assured him.

"But what about the chip in your head?" Minho asked.

"Do you also expect us to leave you alone here?" Brenda chimed in.

"She won't be alone," Jack voiced out. Everyone's attention was on him now. "I'll stay with her," both he and (Y/N) shared a nod.

"(Y/N), the chip. What do you plan to do it?" Minho repeated.

"Don't worry," she gave them all a reassuring look, "I'll find a way to deactivate it."

"Why does he get to stay with her?" Newt pointed at Jack.

"Newt," (Y/N) laid down his hand. "He's immune and doesn't have a chip in his head. The five of you need to get inside."

"Fine," Newt slipped his hand away from (Y/N)'s.

It was clear that he wasn't pleased with the plan. She gave everyone an apologetic glance and let her hands drop to her side. She didn't like the plan herself but she had to do it so that they will all be safe and protected. So that the chips will be deactivated and they won't be under WICKED's control anymore. They'll be free.

Everyone continued to talk about Denver while (Y/N) excused herself to her room. She had to go to sleep. She felt so exhausted since the kick of adrenaline hit her early in the morning when she went out to eat with Jack. Now, the adrenaline was gone and she felt tired and drowsy. She had a feeling she might sleep the entire day and just told Brenda what to do with Newt.

Now, as she laid on the cold metallic floor, (Y/N) let sleep consume her.

-

Two days have passed and Newt was looking and feeling better. He wasn't always mad and he was back to his old loving and kind self. Everyone was really grateful for (Y/N) who was more than happy that Newt was getting better. But everything comes at a price and none of them-but (Y/N)-had no idea what it was.

(Y/N) was lying on her bed, asleep, until she heard a knock on her door that woke her up with a jolt. She groaned as she propped herself up using her elbows. She felt so weak and tired. Her body felt as heavy as a rock and she didn't want to wake up and move but she had to. She had to say goodbye to her friends before they're going off to Denver.