Chapter 32

A/N: GUYZZ AMAZING NEWS (for those who haven't heard).

I've already published the sequel to "At Least I Have You" and it's entitled, "Porcelain Heart." If you're one of the shanks that's been waiting for it, then I'm here to tell you that it's published. I know that I said that I'll start it after this book is over, but I can't help inspiration when it strikes.

But if you're one of the shanks that doesn't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the sequel to my very first book here in Wattpad. "At Least I Have You" is a fanfic book with Thomas Sangster and Newt; it's a crossover book, if you guys got confused. Check it out if you want.

Back to this book: To those who've read the books about Hans, I changed a few things about him here. Also this chapter will contain a few flashbacks from a few chapters.

Newt was fiddling with his hands as he was waiting for Hans to be done operating on Thomas. He felt quite anxious especially after the three of them received this message from Dr. Ava Paige, warning them about her daughter. Newt wondered if maybe he could ask Hans a favor, that maybe he could activate a small part of his memories of (Y/N). Maybe he could remember just a little something about them and he could love her the way he loved her before.

Hans came into the room and his wife was bringing in Thomas, unconscious, on the hospital bed. His head was bandaged up and Newt sucked in a breath since he knew that it was his turn. He was being pushed inside the room from his hospital bed. He took a quick glance at Minho who gave him a thumbs up for reassurance that didn't come.

"Just like your friend, you will go into a drugged sleep," Hans told him as he prepared his equipment.

"Can I ask for a favor?" Newt voiced out.

"Isn't deactivating the chip already a favor?"

"Well," Newt paused, "I was wondering if you could bring back some of my memories."

"If you wanted your memories back, you should've gone to the Swipe. What do you want to remember?" Hans asked him curiously.

"I'm guessing since you worked at WICKED, you knew (Y/N)."

Hans tensed at the mention of (Y/N) and it wasn't that subtle. "I did," he replied. "I knew all about the two of you and your reoccurring romance. You want to remember her right?"

Newt nodded. "C-Could you do that?" He asked in a weak voice.

"I might be able to bring back a few memories. Not all of them but I'll try."

Newt felt something prick his arm and he saw that Hans was injecting inside him the anesthesia. "Thank you," he said. "Why did you look so nervous when I mentioned (Y/N)?" He asked as he felt himself slowly crawl into the darkness of a drugged sleep.

Hans sighed and he looked into Newt's brown orbs that were almost covered with his eyelids. "I guess you should know the truth," Hans sucked in a breath and Newt wished that he would speak faster since he's almost fully unconscious, "because you're sort of dating my daughter."

"What?" Newt's words came out as slurred, as if he was drunk.

"I'm (Y/N)'s father and I will do as you requested because I know how much you loved her before the Maze." That was the last thing that Newt heard before he was fully unconscious.