Chapter 23

A/N: Since the last chapter was a bit long, this'll be a little short. Thanks for the 700+ reads! Good that you shanks!

(Y/N) was being guided with two guards into her mother's office. She was now wearing new and fresh clothes and is feeling fresh herself. (Y/N) noticed that the guards were heavily armed. Probably because they think that she could turn into a Crank any second. She smirked at the thought.

When the three of them reached the doors of her mother's office in the Berg, for the first time, (Y/N) felt nervous. She's been through a lot and it surprised her that seeing her mother would make her feel nervous. The doors were opened and she and the two guards walked inside. There, (Y/N) saw her mom sitting cooly on her chair. She lifted her head and took a good look at (Y/N).

"Leave us," she said.

The two guards looked at each other in confusion. "B-But-," one of them stuttered.

"I said leave us," she repeated.

This time, the two guards did as they were told and left both (Y/N) and her mother alone. 

"Do sit down (Y/N)," she said when they were alone.

(Y/N) sat on one of the chairs that was in front of her desk. She faced her mother with anger in her eyes, wondering what they would be talking about even if she already has an idea what it is.

"I have to confess something (Y/N)," Dr. Paige started to say.

"What?" She asked with a blank look on her face.

"You are just like the boys and girls that you've just spent your time with. You are also a Subject. Everything that you've been through were your Trials. (Y/N) we've known that you were the Cure long ago and you are part of the Elite Candidates that we've formed."

"W-What?" She was overwhelmed with the news. "What the shuck are you yapping about?"

"Don't worry. You'll know about everything when we activate the chip in your brain once again and you'll get your memories back."

"My memories? You're lying. How can this be possible?"

Dr. Paige laughed but her voice held no humor in them. "You should know that everything is possible (Y/N). When I press this button and tell Dr. Janson to put you to sleep, it'll happen since what I'm telling you is true."

(Y/N)'s eyes flickered to Dr. Paige's finger on the keyboard of her computer. She could contact Dr. Janson and out her to sleep for who knows how long. (Y/N) acted on impulse and bolted out of the door. She was expecting to see the two guards outside but the hallway was empty. She ran and ran until she saw the room that the Gladers and Sticks were all being held for now. She was about to reach for the knob but something stopped her, she felt her hand freeze.

"Ah ah ah," she heard her mother's voice in her head. "Now you can see that I was telling you the truth (Y/N)."

"What else could you want from me?" She voiced out.

"We want you. Your blood that can cure the world. That can cure Newt."

(Y/N) gasped at the mention of Newt. "You said that you won't cure him or anyone of the control subjects."

"Now we will. As long as he would agree to get his memories back." (Y/N)'s eyes widened since she knew just what she told Minho and Newt. "Now, you will go to your room and get yourself a long and well deserved sleep with your old memories coming back."

"For how long?"

"For about three or four weeks."

Before (Y/N) could say anything to contradict her mother, everything went black and she passed out.

Flashback...

"What are you doing!?" (Y/N) thrashed and yelled as she was being dragged at the hallways on WICKED.

"Sending you to the Swipe," her mother told her.

"But why?"

"(Y/N)," her mother sighed. "Listen, we had a different mission for you but it didn't end well so we have to erase this from your memories," she explained to her.

"What?" (Y/N) paled. "But what about Thomas, Teresa, and Newt? You can't take all of them to the Swipe!"

"That's the beauty of it. They'll be sworn to secrecy. If they ever much say anything about your past, they'll face the monster that Thomas and Teresa are working on."

"Grievers," she breathed out. (Y/N)'s always hated Grievers even if she just saw them as simple drawings or sketches by her friends.

"You wouldn't want them to experience that do you?"

(Y/N) knew that there was nothing else that she can do but just let her mom and WICKED continue on with their plan.

When she was already strapped down at the machine of the Swipe. (Y/N)'s eyes started to mist with tears. She'll forget the times she spent with Newt here in WICKED. Newt became her good friend in WICKED and they were really close now but then forgetting everything will be throwing her friendship away.

"Goodbye Newt," she whispered.

Present...

WICKED Memorandum, Date 232.1.21, Time 5:47
To: Leadership Council
From: Chancellor Ava Paige
RE: Activated

I'd like to inform you that we have (Y/N) back with us in WICKED and her chip is activated. We've put her in a sleep that's as long as the time we'll keep the other Subjects locked inside a room.

I've contracted a deal with (Y/N) that those control subjects that agree to get their memories back will receive the Cure.

I understand that you still want to go with the original plan of picking one of the Elite Candidate's brain for closer observation. We'd love to learn more about how we can fight the Flare.

I'll also be sending another report on the progress (Y/N) is making when she wakes up.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade