Chapter 19

"(Y/N)."

(Y/N) felt someone shaking her while she was asleep. Her eyes fluttered open and she saw that it was still dark. She wondered who was. At first she thought that it was Newt but it was just Aris.

"Aris?" (Y/N) said his name in a whisper. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Why are you awake?"

"I'm so sorry," he said in an apologetic voice.

"What?"

(Y/N) felt a really hard blow on her head and her vision darkened.

-

(Y/N) opened her eyes due to someone's screams of pain and agony. She looked around her and saw that she wasn't in the Scorch. But instead she was inside this weird room and she wasn't alone. There on one side of the room, she saw Thomas bleeding, looking so lifeless.

"Thomas?" She called out to him.

Thomas lifted his head and smiled a little when he saw her awake. Losing the feeling of drowsiness, (Y/N) stood up and ran towards Thomas. She knew what had just happened. The tests to be able to inspect his Killzone. (Y/N) hugged Thomas but she let go when she heard him grunt in pain.

"Sorry," she said.

"It's alright. I can't believe you were able to sleep through the things Aris and Teresa put me through," he chuckled but his chest began to hurt and he stopped.

"Why am I here?" (Y/N) wondered.

"How should I know?" Thomas said.

(Y/N) felt something in her stomach. She knew what it was. It was hunger. She hasn't really eaten the other day and she was starving.

"Oh no," (Y/N) paled.

"What?"

"Aris and Teresa put me here to eat you," she said. "That can't be. You're supposed to be alive! I'm not underestimating you Thomas, but you're not in perfect condition to try and fight me. Even if you are, how can you? I'm certain you won't even harm me."

(Y/N) kept on pacing back and forth while Thomas looked so defeated. Like he's already given up.

"I can't ever live with myself if I find out that I ate my best friend," she said.

Her stomach began to grumble and her head began to hurt. Her vision started to get fuzzy. She started to walk away from Thomas as far as she can.

When she was on one corner of the room, she and Thomas heard something hissing. It was gas. Both she and Thomas looked at each other confused on what type of gas this is. If its poisonous or if it's just sleeping gas.

Whatever it was, (Y/N) wanted to inhale it before she would go to full Crank. "What if it isn't a test for him but for me?" (Y/N) wondered to herself.

(Y/N) started to move closer to the gas, so that she could inhale it. So that the effect would take place, protecting Thomas from whatever fate they have for him. She thought that WICKED wouldn't want to kill Thomas since they were his favorite.

They said that he was really promising, but now (Y/N) was really confused.

It dawned on (Y/N) that she was now a Subject. Just one of WICKED's pawns. Then if she was a Subject, then she could have her own set of tests or trials.

Could this be one of them?

Before (Y/N) could think much further about the topic, she was no longer in control of her own body. She was past the Gone once more and the monster side of her wants to eat Thomas, who was now unconscious.

No! No!

Don't do it!

Don't let go!

She tried to fight the urge but she couldn't. Her vision darkened and the last thing she saw was that she's running towards Thomas. Her face just a few inches away from his stomach.

-

Bright light woke up (Y/N) from her sleep. Her eyes fluttered open and she used her arm to cover the sun from completely blinding her. But she didn't need it when she saw that the Gladers were all surrounding her. They were all looking at her confused and  some bewildered.

"What's wrong?" She rasped.

She started to sit up and then she saw her clothes really bloody. Her hands were also filled with blood.

"What?" (Y/N) was confused.

"We found this right beside you," Minho threw something at her with his face filled with hatred and disgust.

(Y/N) took the thing that Minho threw at her and saw that it was a tattered and bloody shirt. The shirt was familiar to (Y/N) and she knew who it belonged to.

"Thomas," she said.

"You're bloody right it's Thomas's shirt," Newt said and he sounded angry at her.

"Where were you last night (Y/N)?" Minho asked her.

"I-I," (Y/N) was racking her brain on what happened the other night. "Aris took me somewhere. I saw Thomas and," she gasped.

"AND YOU ATE HIM!!!" Minho yelled at her. "You shucking ate him (Y/N)! That's what happened!"

"No! No I didn't," (Y/N) said but she wasn't trying to convince them, she was trying to convince herself.

"All the evidence is there (Y/N)," Newt said coldly to her.

"No," (Y/N) started to cry. "What are you going to do to me? Are you going to kill me?"

"No," Minho said. "We're still going to let you come with us," he said, making the other boys start to argue. "But you'll be tied up at all times and we'll just drag you all the way to the Safe Haven where WICKED can deal with you."

The boys agreed once again with Minho's decision. They tied up (Y/N)'s arms, legs and even blindfolded her. She was being dragged around the scorch just like a piece of luggage. (Y/N) felt a lot of cuts and bruises form on her hands, butt, and legs, but she didn't struggle. She didn't try to stop them when they tied her up. She didn't try to escape as they dragged her. She was still, as still as a rock.

(Y/N) could believe that she ate Thomas. That she let her crazy side, the Crank side, take over and kill one of the people that she cares about. She was in total shock which is why she wouldn't move. A part of her also thinks that she deserves to be in a cage. She's a monster, an animal that doesn't deserve to be let free. She knows that WICKED will be more than happy to have her back and she'll be happy to be back.

Why did she think that she could be able to protect Newt when she couldn't even protect her best friend from herself?

A single tear dropped out of (Y/N)'s eye. She didn't feel like she deserved any of this. Any of this torture and trauma. She wanted to die. She wanted to kill herself. Thinking that things will somehow get better. WICKED will take her Killzone and her blood. She can save a lot of people but it won't make up for the ones that she's killed.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade