Chapter 30

"Why didn't you tell him?"

"I couldn't!" (Y/N) argued. "I couldn't tell him that I'm dying. I don't want anyone to worry."

"But they have a right to know."

"Don't you think I know that Jack?"

(Y/N) put her hands on her head in frustration. Both she and Jack were back inside her room. It's been hours since her friends have left. Both she and Jack were arguing about (Y/N) not telling anyone the truth. The real truth of what was happening to her.

Her body is beginning to fail her.

With everything that's happened to her and with all the blood that she was giving to Newt, the Crank's blood was running out of her body. Her blood could still be the Bliss but Crank's blood isn't normal in (Y/N)'s body, so none of it regenerates inside of her. In order for her to be the Cure and for her to get better faster, she needs more of the Crank's blood.

"No Cranks could've been found?" (Y/N) asked even if she knew the answer.

"No," Jack shook his head. "Normally, that would've been good news," he smiled.

(Y/N) smiled a little at Jack's attempt to joke around. He sat right beside her and she laid her head on his shoulder. (Y/N) sighed sadly and so did Jack.

"What are we going to do?"

"I'll try to search for some Cranks tomorrow again."

(Y/N) nodded. "Thank you."

"You think you'll be fine alone here?"

"Yeah. I don't think I'll be any help out there."

"Okay."

They stayed in that position for a while until (Y/N) suddenly fainted, surprising Jack. He gently laid (Y/N) on her back, on her bed.

"(Y/N). (Y/N) please wake up," he panicked.

If Jack couldn't see (Y/N)'s chest rising and falling, he would've believed that she was dead. But she looked close to it anyway. He checked her pulse and it was fading and fading fast. He didn't know what to do, but there was one thing he could do and it was to get Crank's blood.

"Don't worry (Y/N), I'll get you the blood."

He kissed her forehead and set out of the Berg in a hurry. It was a little dark and really dangerous but (Y/N)'s life was on the line, he knew what he had to do.

-

By nightfall, Thomas, Brenda, Newt, Jorge, and Minho have already met Hans. They were all waiting for Hans to operate on them. They all agreed that Thomas will go first, then it will be Newt and Minho. But even if both Newt and Minho weren't go to be operated on yet, they were now lying on a hospital bed.

I need your help.

The three boys heard a familiar voice inside their heads at the same time. They looked at each other with questioning looks.

"Who the shuck was that?" Minho demanded.

"I don't know," Thomas shrugged. "Newt?"

"I don't bloody know."

It's Dr. Ava Paige, the voice came back.

"Get the shuck out of our heads!" Minho exclaimed.

I need your help with (Y/N).

"What about (Y/N)?" Thomas asked.

"Why are you talking to her?" Minho hissed.

"She sounds buggin serious Minho," Newt chimed in.

"She's a liar! Don't tell me, you believe her."

I can assure you Minho that I'm not lying this time. (Y/N) is dying.

"I knew she didn't look that well," Newt sighed.

I don't have enough time. Just please get back to her.

"What will we do when we get to her? How will we get her to feel better?" Thomas asked.

Give her Crank's blood. That's the only thing that can get her to feel better. I'm telling you this so that before you deactivate the chip in your heads, you know that my daughter is in danger.

"She was always in danger," Newt said.

I know. Please save her and I will help all of you in return.

"Help us how?" Minho asked.

I will help you and all of your friends get the life you deserve. I will help you get to Paradise.

This could possibly be the last time I talked to the three of you. But you will receive help from me, just save her.

Her mission in life was to save Newt and all of you. Before, she received no help from me. Now, I will.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade