Chapter 22

A/N: WHAT DA SHUCK?!?!?! Just a few hours ago, this was 550+ reads! Then it just rose a hundred reads!

Love you guys so much! Also I just reread-well just skimmed-this book since I also read my books. I also enjoy them too! I have this writer side and fangirl side. So I can judge it as a fan too.

Anyway, what mMianightshift said, I just noticed that I leave most of my chapters in cliffhangers 😂. Did not notice that until now.

I'd like to apologize in advance since this might also end in a cliffhanger. I'm so sorry.

Newt handed (Y/N) the dagger that he took from her when they tied her up. It was the same dagger that he gave her when she was going to sneak in the club that Thomas and Brenda went into. (Y/N) took it with shaking hands because she was so nervous. She's never faced something like this before.

Newt gave her a reassuring nod and she nodded back. Then she let out a breath that she was holding ever since she saw the creatures.

It all happened so fast, everyone was fighting their own creature including (Y/N). She had no idea what to do and just dodged the attack it would make and she'll try to hit it wherever it vulnerable. But it never weakens or falters unlike her. As far as (Y/N) knows, she hasn't eaten something for the past few hours and the only thing keeping her going was the Crank side of her.

The Crank side.

(Y/N) had this idea if she could turn back to that Crank version of her then she could fight better. But if she does, there was also the chance of her fighting her friends. (Y/N) was brought back to reality when she was hit by one of the arms and she was flying towards the pods.

She hit her back and her head hard and fell badly on the ground. (Y/N) tried to stand up once again but the creature held her leg and was pulling her away from the group. The struggled and tried to cry for help but everyone was too busy fighting.

She knows that she's too important for this creature to kill her. She began to wonder what it was going to do only to hear Newt scream. She opened her eyes and saw Newt running running towards her while screaming her name. He was very far and he tripped, landing on the ground. He stood up and tried to come run again but his limp was hindering him.

Newt was helped up by Sonya. She felt like it should've been her doing that, but she brushed off that unnecessary emotion. She should just be grateful that she helped him. But she wanted to help too and not be helpless. She knew she could do one thing to help, as much as it scared her, she had to do it.

Just like what she did in the Berg, she let herself let go of all sanity and was now past the Gone. Her eyes were dark and everything was red. With all the strength she has, she punched the arm that was holding her leg. The arm broke and (Y/N) was now free.

At the corner of her eye, she saw Thomas who was fighting his own creature. But she saw that there was a way to defeat this thing. By the lightbulbs. Just break them all and they get weaker.

Clutching the dagger tight in her hand, she climbed the creature and broke the lightbulbs one by one. She would hit each  until her creature was dead. Taking deep breathes, (Y/N) stared in amazement that she was able to defeat a creature like this. But her victory was cut short when she saw that some of her friends needed some help. She ran towards them to help.

As she ran, she saw Newt and that he has this cut on his arm. It wasn't deep, it didn't look deep, but seeing it got (Y/N)'s blood to boil. That made her determination to kill those creatures even more. Killing those creatures gave (Y/N) a lot of thrill and adrenaline. But every time she kills one, she goes farther into the Gone.